Author Topic: Who else isn't telling anyone about their gyno surgery?  (Read 11343 times)

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
I've told my parents and we're going through with it (i'm only 19 so they're covering the costs). I'm not sure if I'll tell my brother. He'll probably notice one day and be pissed off that I didn't tell him

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
After getting it done, I am happy to talk about it to pretty much anyone, I have even given some mates advice for their own chest concerns.

There needs to be more awareness of the topic, rather than keeping it in the closet. Maybe then shall we stop hearing about the botched surgerys and broken lives.

I love it when people go "hey you look fantastic, I wish I could have a body like yours". That's usually when I go "well about 8 months ago...".

Offline fanoffloyd

• Posting Member
I first told my wife and she flipped! Settled down now though, she thought is was not nessessary. Then I tolda my mum, who was superb but worried a little.

My mum told one of her neighbours who was releived to know it was available - she wants her husband to get it done!

However, she is 99% behind me.

I'm sure my inlaws know the real reason for my operation, not the story my wife said she told them!

However, after the operation I think Ill gradually let the cat out of the bag. The only thing that concerns me is the general ignorance surrounding the issue.

My advice, be descrete.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if i had a gf, she would probably know, but she'd be under a strict understanding to shut it.  the old joke is the fastest ways to get word out are telephone, telegraph, and tell a woman.  i'm a full believer in equal footing, but i'm amazed at the private things one woman i know says about her husband she shouldn't, and i tell her that.  if my mom went blabbing to anyone, i love her, but i'd tell her i'd go make up some strange weird rumor about her to her friends.  she's smart enough she'd get the concept, but prevention is easier than cure. 

if i told anyone now, it would probably only be brothers after the fact if at all, and i know they at least would be less chatty.  it's easier when you're long out of the nest. 

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Only person who knows about it is my GF.
Not my parents, not friends, ...

I'm sure nobody would understand and they would minimise the problem.

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
I am going under the knife in less than two weeks. I haven't told a soul and don't plan to. I'll stay in a hotel the first night afterward and then take a train home.  Am I being naive about the difficulties I'll face post-surgery?

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
My parents, and unfortunately my sister and grandparents, but only because i'm going on a cruise with them 2 weeks after the surgery so they will be wondering why i can't do all the activities. I definitely wont tell any of my friends, and lets just face it, saying "I got surgery to fix my man boobs" is quite embarrassing when you are trying to play the "i dont really care what people think of my looks" card. Most people just don't understand what its like to have gyne, so i just don't bother telling them.
Surgery Date: July 7, 2009!

Offline gat092

• Posting Member
I'm in my early 20's and still in school and had the surgery out of state a few months ago without telling anyone (nor having anyone find out).  I did it during a holiday break, hired a nurse to ride home in the taxi with me, stayed in a hotel, etc.  It was winter time so I hid the vest under my sweatshirt/jacket for the month I had to wear it in class after.

So for those of you out there wondering... it IS possible.  :)

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
I'm having it done either end of july or august, and not telling anyone, family or friends. Taking a bus from NY to Richmond to Dr. Bermant, and hiring the nurse to take care of me for the few hrs after. I am paying for the surgery but my parents are paying for all the travel expenses (bus, hotel etc.) because I told them I was going down to richmond to meet friends and see a lil wayne concert   ;)

BTW how conspicuous is the compression vest after the surgery? If i wear long sleeve shirts, or an undershirt and another t-shirt will it cover it up? I am 5'7 140 pounds (have pubertal gyno), and so wearing baggie clothes in the past has made gyno completely inconspicuous. Hopefully I can hide it post-surgery too...

Offline nzwelly

• Posting Member
NZWELLY, I dont know how you got over the fact your mom told her friends. I mean if your mom couln't hold in the secret, I doubt her friends and sisters can. Better hope word doesn't spread like the swine flu. But if you can deal with it, then good for you.

its only 1 of my mums closet friend, and she only told her cuz she recently found out she has breast cancer, and recommended my surgeon to her

Offline doctordoctor

I was to embarresed to even see a doctor. took me 2 years to build up the courage for that. So i'm not telling anyone except my gf, kinda hard to hide it from her, allthough she never thought it was something wrong with my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024