Author Topic: How noticeable is the compression vest - (Mr.Karidis patients)  (Read 3292 times)

Offline UncleJim1

Hi,

I recently went for a consultation with Mr.Karidis and he seemed to think the compression vest wouldn't really be noticeable under a normal work shirt. Do you think it would be wise to wait until Autumn/Winter so I can hide it under a jumper? I would need to return to the office approx a week after the op.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks,
Jim

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
exactly what I am wanting to know. Does it have about the same thinkness as say, a normal tight t-shirt or vest? Or will it end up looking like I have a bulletproof-vest on underneath  :P

Offline gynogynoman

• Posting Member
I'm not one of your doctors patients, but in my case the vest isn't noticeable but the change it has on your body is (you will look slimmer!). People commented, but I told them it was a result of feeling sick after having my "Rotator Cuff Surgery". I imagine the stiffness will be more noticeable though.

I cant imagine it would be possible to completely hide it from your colleagues, if that's your intention. Not if you want to go back after a week anyway. If you didn't want them to know then I would advise you tell them your having a cist removed or something...

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
looking slimmer won't be too much of a bad thing, its just that you say there would be stiffness? You mean as in, we would not be moving around as much as usual? My main worry is it would look like I am wearing some extra layers below my clothes. A problem when say I am wearing a t-shirt and I look like I am wearing a sleeveless jumper underneath.

Offline gynogynoman

• Posting Member
Well personally I sort of hunched over slightly (i know I wasn't supposed to, I reminded my self to straighten up when possible- I'm not sure why, I think it became a habit when it was sore and my body was trying to to tighten it up against the garment.

Generally reaching up for things was a problem, getting in and out of my car (its quite low though), changing gear especially.

I felt sort of t-rex like.. arms up a bit (i'm sure you get the idea)

If you work out, imagine what it felt like the first time you properly blasted it and struggled to get out of bed the next day- its kind of like that... youll; move like that!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No more noticeable than an ordinary undershirt.

They are actually nothing more than ordinary undershirts except that they are made of materials that are more elastic and they are much more snug than you would be accustomed to.
Grandpa Dan

Offline UKBound

I'm wearing one right now (and have been for almost 4 weeks). It's a pain with the weather so nice at the moment, I've been sweating up a storm in the mornings, not very fun. In terms of it being visible or not, I've just stuck to wearing dark shirts and I think it's been OK. I think there's a little flatness when wearing it which looks a little unnatural but I doubt people notice. I just made up a few excuses in my mind in case people asked, figured back problems would be a fair excuse? You could also say you had a benign cyst removed from under your arm or something..no-ones asked so can't be that visible right? :) You'll be fine..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024