Author Topic: Can i take off the vest???  (Read 2409 times)

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
Hi, Im 4 days post op and i was wonderin if everyone else has takin off there vest for a quick clean underneath as im pretty sure my doctor advised me to keep it on permanently but it just seems strange and irratating that im not expected to wash under it and was wonderin if everyone else has had to do the same thing, many thanks in advance 

Offline fieldingpatient

• Posting Member
I cant advise you to take yours off or leave it on but when I had my op. I left the vest and the gauze underneath on for 6 full days... I know exactly what you mean about it being unclean and annoying but I suggest you stick too what ever amount of time your surgeon suggested . whats a few more days ?  your already more than half way there.

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
cheers, i must of heard right then its just i wasnt sure if the Doc wanted me wash underneath. How long did it take for all your swellin to go down btw???

Offline fieldingpatient

• Posting Member
im only 10 days post op.. but I don't have any large swelling going on.. chest is flat bro.. still very tender too touch though.  And everyones different so I don't know your situation ur swelling could be similar or it could be quite large.. don't threat though ! ul b alright.

Offline Cpnh78

• Posting Member
I was allowed to take mine off the next day to shower, but thn it had to go right on.  I waited two days to shower then did as my surgeon old me.  Listen to what your surgeon says. Every patient and every surgeon has different ideas of how recovery should go. Noontime stress about swelling either....everyone is different. Just be glad surgery is behind you and don stress about how your best looks for a couple months

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
They are called Doctors Orders.

They are not the Doctors Suggestions.

Grandpa Dan

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
cheers everyone, well tomorrow is the big day where i can have a good look and a prod so il keep u all posted with my findings and hopefully it will be positive feedback

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024