Author Topic: Pain behind my nipples  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Bernwald

Two or three years ago i had some pain behind the right nipple. Long story short(ish), after a mammogram and sonogram it was decided that i had a mrsa staph infection in the ducts. Doc Sawyer is an old jokes, and said not to worry he had done a ton of these surgeries on nursing women, with a grin.

Offline Busty

So, you must have glandular as well as fatty tissue in your breasts, just like a woman. MRSA  is serious stuff. Hope it turns out OK. Please let us know 

Kazmage

I had that too and my doctor sent me for a ultrasound and found enlarged glands but no cancer thankfully 
Also thankfully the pain has stopped but sometimes I get a itchy kind of buzzing feeling in the girls and from doing some reading and talking to my sister it could be a sign of growth 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
After way to long, my PCP has bumped me up for a mammogram which was originally scheduled several months ago.  That was deferred.  She did a breast exam and didn't feel anything that concerned her.  She did mention that I had significant breast tissue in my right breast from my last mammogram.  She said "you are experiencing what we did as teenagers".  She's pretty plain spoken.  My right breast has caught up with my left.

Gino

Old guy, it sounds like you went to a GP instead if an OB/Gyn. I too went that route and she prescribed the mammogram and I went to one of the labs that perform all types of radiology. Keep us posted. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I finally had my mammogram today.  Pretty much what I expected.

IMPRESSION:
1. No mammographic evidence of malignancy in either breast.
2. Bilateral gynecomastia, right greater than left, corresponding to the area of focal pain indicated by the patient. Clinical follow-up is recommended.

When I had the mammogram, the technician worked to get my breasts into the panel.  I asked her if I should get closer and she said that she had enough.  Gosh, the right breast hurt when it squeezed down on both sides.  Then I had an Ultrasound on the right breast.  I was concerned when she was scanning my lymph nodes.  When she told that everything was okay, she said "I presume you are wearing something for those".  I said yes.  

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
My Dr just messaged me to quit Prilosec and switch to Pepcid.  She believes that the Prilosec may be causing my increased breast growth.  Just a heads up for anyone who is on Prilosec.  

Gino

I've read that Tagamet (cimetidine) can cause temporary growth but I was unaware prilosec could also. A good case for plain old tums, or those fizzy types :-)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024