Author Topic: Article saying women are not the only people with breasts  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From TikTak:
"If that were the case, our forum would not exist and Dr. Delgado would be dealing with operations on other parts of the body.:P title=Tongue"

Yup.

GrahamB

Forgive me for what I'm about to write, but everything I want to say applies to me as well:

the statement that "not only women have breasts" misrepresents reality.
Rather, I would say that only women have them, and men occasionally suffer from an affliction called "gynecomastia."
It affects not only our physicality but probably, so it is with me, the psyche.
Not surprisingly, having so-called tertiary sexual characteristics belonging to the opposite sex can cause confusion in our minds.
You probably have a problem with this, as I do, otherwise you wouldn't be looking at this forum.
But it's a shame to fool ourselves: we deviate from the norm and, with few exceptions, it causes us pain, shame, embarrassment.
To me, the reality is this:
* women have breasts, men do not,
* the appearance of the chest plays a fundamental role in the recognition of female / male.
To cope with my gynecomastia, I try not to deny it, just remember that I am not inferior because of it.

Anatomy lesson: 
All mammals, male and female have the same chemical makeup. Bones, muscles, blood, organs, head, limbs, sexual parts, mouth, excrement, breasts, yes every being has all the parts. What makes us male or female is the arrangement of the chemicals. Short word for this arrangement is Chemistry. So it is the chemistry of an individual that determines whether it's male or female. So the size of the breasts does NOT determine male or female. In fact I was just an adolescent when I was at a friends house, their dog walked into the room. The dog's teats were long and full as if it was time to feed the puppies. I was old enough to have learned a bit about dogs and puppies and such. I remarked "it looks like it's time for mommy to feed her puppies". My friend's older brother said "that's not a female, it's a male with large teats". A close look as the dog walked away and I could see the male genitalia.
I thought- hmmm. 
So yeah, everyone human has breasts, large or not large.

GrahamB

BandB:
 Not arguing any point with you’re making.
But wanting “societies attitudes to change” can lead to frustration when that doesn’t happen. Can’t force it.
We can hope that someday the condition will be seen for what it is:
Something that afflicts some men. And that people in general won’t think wearing a bra any different than, say, using a cane.
However, I don’t believe gynecomastia will ever be considered ‘normal’ by most people - simply because it isn’t.
Polls on line have shown that men with boobs are not attractive to most women. Can’t change that. Also, most men don’t find women with beards attractive - can’t change that either.
So … how I live with it is up to me.
It is what it is.

I see that it comes down to exposure and learning. If a person is shown something they've never seen before they may be surprised and amazed. If they are then taught what it is and the uncommonality of it then the next time they see it the thoughts will be less surprising and amazement and more like, "oh yes, I've seen that before".

Gino

"breasts are not indicative of womanhood"

Agreed 100%. I've known more than one woman who was absolutely dead flat, they oozed femininity and many guys were nuts over them. Super models typically are not well endowed and I don't think they have a problem illustrating what womanhood looks like to the world :-) 

For sure there are men with preferences for large boobs (I was never one of them) and unfortunately these men do a good job of causing distress in lesser endowed women when they see men go for women with big boobs regardless of other less fem features. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
from what i have read most women are B cup or less. and the band sizes for them seem to run in the 34 to 38. which makes finding really nice looking bras harder to find for those of us that have bigger chests

Offline gotgyne

from what i have read most women are B cup or less.
I believe, this is wrong.
Look here:
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline blad

Regarding that map;

We know the Russian claim to have an average size over D cup is just another one of those lies. :)
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From the map, I'm guessing a possible causal relationship between climate (here meaning avg ambient temp) and breast size due to higher levels of body fat in women in areas that have generally cooler / colder temps.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
From the map, I'm guessing a possible causal relationship between climate (here meaning avg ambient temp) and breast size due to higher levels of body fat in women in areas that have generally cooler / colder temps.
I suspect this is data is derived by bra sales in each region.  In the US, it may be skewed by breast augmentation which is prevalent here.  That may explain the "C" cup average in the United States.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024