Author Topic: Surgery with Levick - 28th November (With pics) - Post-op pics page 3  (Read 13196 times)

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Placebos are odd things; they still work when it's known that they are placebos. If you want to take it for peace of mind, it's not my place to stop you. However, I still feel that the nature of the doctor-patient relationship demands a higher standard.

Pineapple juice, I suspect, just works as a diuretic. I'd be wary though of ingesting a lot of sugar without any good reason.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Matt, I'm in with Levick on Weds 28th too! I'm gonna start my own log, be interesting to see results and how we recover having been done at the same time. I am old enough to be your dad though!

Good Luck!!!

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Matt, I'm in with Levick on Weds 28th too! I'm gonna start my own log, be interesting to see results and how we recover having been done at the same time. I am old enough to be your dad though!

Good Luck!!!

Looking forward to your log, Stem! You are in good hands :)

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
If it's homeopathic arnica, scratch it, it's just a placebo.

+1

I just had my op. My mum insisted on buying me them - but I just accidentally lost them on purpose & had zero bruising post-op.

Levick didn't seem to have any faith in them.

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
I'm just gonna take the arnica after surgery, it will either help or do nothing, either way I don't lose.

Stem, so tomorrow is the big day for us both! What time are you in? I've been told to be there at 8am so I guess I'm up first?

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
lol I really started something with the arnica question huh? Likewise I'll just follow the surgeons instructions. Good luck tomorrow  :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
I'm just gonna take the arnica after surgery, it will either help or do nothing, either way I don't lose.

Stem, so tomorrow is the big day for us both! What time are you in? I've been told to be there at 8am so I guess I'm up first?

Fingers crossed for you guys :D

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member

Yeah, you're first, I'm not due to be admitted til 10 30. Gotta drop the little one at nursery and then get to Brum from Nottingham. Good luck man!

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Cool, well I might bump into you at some point then! Good luck mate  :)

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Surgery complete!  ;D

All went well, didn't get much sleep last night though so I'll get a full write up later with pics.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Glad it went well for you mate, look forward to the recovery.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I'm also glad it went well for you. Look forward to your write up and pictures. Best of luck with recovery 8)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Well done mate! Hit us up with some pictures when you're feeling up to it.

Welcome to the "other side"  ;D

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
5) The op

So I arrived at 8am and was taken to my room. Soon after the catering staff came in and I made my choices for lunch and dinner. After that was a blood test followed by getting changed into the gown and dreaded paper pants! I even asked the nurse if I really had to wear them to which she replied "oh yes!" haha they're really not that bad though, nothing to worry about.

After chilling out for a while watching the tv, Levick came in and cracked a few jokes! He really does put you at ease  ;D He said he was doing someone else first while we were waiting for my blood test results and that I'd be in next.

I was waiting for an hour or so during which time the anesthetist came in to ask some questions and let me know what was going to happen.

Next the nurse came in and took me down to the anesthetic room. I was pretty nervous at this point as I had never had anesthetic before but then in walked Levick again to put my mind at ease! He was saying how the guy before me had gone perfectly and that he was now 'warmed up' and ready to go!  :D He took some pictures and left the anesthetist to it.

The nurse told me that that doctor was going to give me something that would make me feel like I'd had 5 pints. I felt a slightly cold feeling go up my arm and then the next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room.

I wasn't in any pain I just felt really tired, like it was a struggle to keep my eyes open. I was shivering for 5 minutes or so at first but the nurse gave me an electric blanket and some oxygen and within 15 minutes I was taken back to my room.

I was in out and out of sleep for the next few hours as the nurses came in every half an hour to take my blood pressure etc... Lunch was a struggle but I think the chocolate ice cream helped to wake me up a bit!

Later that evening I felt fine, no pain at all just slightly sore under the arm pit area. The drains are a bit annoying but I managed to get up and go to the toilet. I think getting up and moving about is a good idea, I felt great afterwards.

I didn't get much sleep at all on the night, not because of my chest, I was just really uncomfortable lying on my back. Deal or no deal at 4am kept me entertained though  ;)

The next morning I was sore and tired and just wanted to go home and get to bed. Levick popped in around 10am to check on me, he showed me some pictures of the op and talked me through the healing process. Around half an hour later the nurse came in to take the drains out... this was the worst part of the whole procedure!

I knew it as going to hurt as I was already sore but wow, this really hurt! Some people have said that it's not that bad and to be fair, my left side drain was bearable. I think I was just unlucky with the right side though as it hurt like hell!

Anyway, I was done! I got my things together, the nurse gave me my meds and I was on my way home!

All in all, it really wasn't that bad. Surgery is never going to be a 'fun' experience but I think Levick and the priory staff make it as good as it can be. The staff are fantastic, they really help to make you feel comfortable and Levick will have you laughing about the whole thing! I'm so glad that I went through with it and I don't regret it at all.

Now comes the roller coaster of recovery, I've started taking arnica again along with the prescribed meds so hopefully all will go smoothly. Looking forward to the 5th now when the bandages come off and the compression vest goes on!

For now here are some pics including some taken by Levick:

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Yours were a fair size too. How much did they weigh?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024