Author Topic: Strength after the surgery  (Read 2537 times)

Offline gizoto316

• Posting Member
I am scheduled to have surgery on July 16 with Dr. Semlacher in Sacramento, CA.  He told me I can be working out after only 2 weeks after the surgery.  For those who have had the surgery, did you lose a lot of strength?  When you went back to working out, was is like you were back to square one, or did you maintain a lot.  One of my coworkers was telling me that he was really weak cardiovasculary when came back from wrist surgery due to the anesthesia.  I was wonder how true this is.

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
I was told to stay off the weights for 3 months after my surgery. And ive just went back 2 weeks ago and ive lots alot of strength, but i think this was mainly due to the fact i done alot of cardio during these 3 months so i lost weight and strength. Think if your only out for a couple of weeks you will basically lose no strength at all, i might take you a couple of weeks to regain the tiny strength you have lots but that not a big problem really.

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
I was told and have read numerous posts and most will suggest 6 weeks.  I definitely wouldn't be lifting until at least 4 weeks post-op.  You can walk and do crunches.  Work on cardio/conditioning and don't rush back into it.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I was lifting after 2 weeks. I have heard others that wait months. Probably depends on several factors.

Offline gizoto316

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies guys. After I have the surgery I'll report back on how things are going.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024