Author Topic: Doctor in Bangkok, Thailand  (Read 16342 times)

Offline K_Ken

• Posting Member
It was something like two weeks after I last saw Dr. Poomee.  Nothing has changed much.

My concern pre-operation is exactly the same as yours.  Binap's post gave me lots of useful info
so I decided to do the same.  What you saw at doctor office should already included all pics I got.
I don't have any more pics.

I can only say that I'm happy on the other side and crossed the biggest decision.  The idea
of scar was scary.   I'm now two months post op.  Some swelling are coming down but I
can safely say that I'm walking shirtless and none in my family / people at the gym even knows that I went
through an operation.  They probably thought my weight came down.

Good luck for your operation!

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Great news Ken...thanks for the info.  It's good to hear you are healing well.  Would you have done anything differently in hind site?  Just any advice you have to give would be great.  How's the vest from dr. poomee?  It looked a bit bulky when he showed it to me. Especially the shoulder straps.  Can you see the vest through your shirt?  Has anyone noticed it?  Friends/family/coworkers?

It's now just over 2 weeks to go and I'm pumped.  I'm starting to imagine how my shirts will fit and hang properly and how I won't always have to slump forward to hide the gyne.  Can't wait!

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
I'm rooting for you SWS.  Good luck mate

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Well it's under two weeks to go now...10 days to be exact.  I can't wait!  I received my vest that I ordered through Underworks the other day.  They were very speedy by the way and reasonably priced.  Ken what's the vest like that Dr. Poomee gives us?  It looked really bulky and I'm wondering if you'll be able to see it under t-shirts and thin button up shirts.  Do you have any trouble with people noticing it?

How are the scars healing?  Have you started the silicon scar treatments yet?  Any photos would be really appreciated.

Anyone else planning on having the surgery done by Dr. Poomee any time soon?

Offline K_Ken

• Posting Member
The post surgical vest is the most difficult part.  I didn't like the one from Dr. Poomee.  So uncomfortable and unbreathable.
I mentioned this in my posts.  I recommend ordering the post surgical vest from underworks which you can find their banner on this
website.  Their service is 1st rate.  I have both post surgical and compression t.  After 1 month, I decide to put the post surgical vest for another month.  After that, I put on at night only for a week or two and have the compression t shirt which is a lot more comfortable.

Great news Ken...thanks for the info.  It's good to hear you are healing well.  Would you have done anything differently in hind site?  Just any advice you have to give would be great.  How's the vest from dr. poomee?  It looked a bit bulky when he showed it to me. Especially the shoulder straps.  Can you see the vest through your shirt?  Has anyone noticed it?  Friends/family/coworkers?

I ordered mine last min after I found that the doctor's stuff isn't as comfortable and their express order has been shipped via fed ex.  Very speedy indeed.

It's now just over 2 weeks to go and I'm pumped.  I'm starting to imagine how my shirts will fit and hang properly and how I won't always have to slump forward to hide the gyne.  Can't wait!

Offline K_Ken

• Posting Member
I recommend Dr. Poommee but not his vest.  The color is odd too.  Anyway, I didn't put that on.
The one I used was the one from underwork.  YOu can't spot it.  If you check my earlier posts,
neither my family nor my colleages even knew.  The post surgical vest from underwork isn't
that loud so it blended in under my shirt.

You can wear a jacket if your shirt is very thin.

I've been on silicon pad for preventive measure.  I've them on for 3 months.  Not worried too
much about it.  My swelling site is coming down.  The hardness area is softening.  I'm confident
that I should be OK in six months time.

The key to being satisfied is the realistic expectation.  While my chest doesn't look like that of
a model, it looks a lot better than pre op.

Are you alone in town?  If I'm free, I might swing by before your operation.

The post surgical vest is the most difficult part.  I didn't like the one from Dr. Poomee.  So uncomfortable and unbreathable.
I mentioned this in my posts.  I recommend ordering the post surgical vest from underworks which you can find their banner on this
website.  Their service is 1st rate.  I have both post surgical and compression t.  After 1 month, I decide to put the post surgical vest for another month.  After that, I put on at night only for a week or two and have the compression t shirt which is a lot more comfortable.

I ordered mine last min after I found that the doctor's stuff isn't as comfortable and their express order has been shipped via fed ex.  Very speedy indeed.

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hi Ken

Yeah I'm all done the surgery and now I'm day two post op waiting to be cleared by dr. poomee on monday.  The surgery itself went very well and Mrs. poomee made the experience quite pleasant.  I have to say I was very apprehensive when it came time to remove the bandages.  I guess no matter how good/bad it looks, it's still your body that's been mutilated somewhat.  Luckily it looks great and I'm very happy about the results.  I'm even surprised by how little it hurts now at day two.  I am wearing the compression bandage and the underworks post op vest.  Dr. poomee ran out of the vest size that I needed so he just refunded my money after he approved the other vest I brought. 

So you ordered the compression T as well?  What's that like?  It's pretty hot here in BKK and I can't imaging wearing anything more than I already am. 

I'm in town with my girlfriend and we are staying at the Golden Palace hotel right across from the hospital on Soy 1.  I'll probably be here till monday then try and catch a flight back to Hong Kong if Dr. Poomee gives me the thumbs up.  Do you live nearby? 

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
sws congrads on yourop.  please give us all the details.

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey Man

I put up a big post called D-Day +2 in Asia forum...have a look there

I'm at day 6 now and doing great.  The swelling and bruising are really apparent now but the pain has mostly subsided.  I had to wheel a suitcase home from the airport and I noticed that just a small amount of weight really caused my whole chest to be sore so I took it very easy for the rest of the day.  The scars are coming along very nicely.  Dr. Poomee said I could start with the silicone scar sheets in 2 more days.

I'm so far very happy with the outcome. I would recommend Dr. Poomee to anyone!

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
sounds good so far man.  hope you heal fast.  I'll check the other post.

ken, how were you on day 6 compared to him?  same apparent bruising / swelling?

Offline K_Ken

• Posting Member
sounds good so far man.  hope you heal fast.  I'll check the other post.

ken, how were you on day 6 compared to him?  same apparent bruising / swelling?

Mine is easier.  Min bruising and sweeling.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Anymore updates....

Did anyone else new go to Dr. Pomee???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024