Author Topic: Would you go to a support group?  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
What if there was a support group for guys with gyne or had gyne removed.  Would you go?  

It would be like an AA meeting where you introduced yourself, told how long you had it and how it has affected your life.  Also, would you feel comfortable showing a room full of gyne sufferers or use to be gyne sufferers your boobs?  

Personally, I don't think I would go but I do know I would feel more comfortable talking about this stuff with my gyne brethren then with my family and friends.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 10:57:32 AM by Blitz »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
This is a support group Dude!   ;)

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
This is a support group Dude!   ;)

John.

Good point...  ;)

But I think he means in person.. lol

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
I wouldn't go either though I did talk to a friend of mine about it this last weekend but only because he mentioned himself having it. He's a bit overweight though. I'm sceptical about overweight people complaining about gyne because I feel like consistent body fat might be the issue.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Good point...  ;)

Yeah, I know that's what Blitz meant.  ;)

No dissing Blitz here but IMHO there is no need for an 'in person' local support group. We have a 'meeting of the minds' right here on Gyne.org.

To answer the question tho....  if there was a local support qroup, sure, I'd go. Blitz, you gonna start one up? Where and when? I'm there Dude!  :D

John.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 02:43:09 AM by Bambu »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We are here!

All kidding aside, I was sitting in my truck at a local building supply recently and it is amazing how many men with significant sized breasts seem to be able to go on about their lives and make no attempt to hide.

After a youth spent wearing some very uncomfortable binders etc. I have quit hiding too.  I finally realized that a condition that affects more than half the adult population is actually quite normal.  Yes, it still is embarassing,  but you can learn to live with it.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding

Good point...  ;)

That's exactly what I meant.  Not everything is done over the internet.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024