Author Topic: Pensler or Placik?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline purifier

I have lived with this condition for almost 12 years and I have finally made up my mind to go ahead with this procedure. I live near the Chicago area and found two great surgeons: Pensler and Placik. I was wondering which doctor I should pay a visit to.

Anyone have experiences getting a surgery by these doctors?Specifically, I am curious the quality of work and estimate of the cost differences between these two doctors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I am nearly freaked out to death.

Offline invest78

I had surgery with Pensler about a month ago.  I am very pleased with my results so far.  Still have some minor swelling, but the before and after pictures are amazing.  Cost was $5,150.  My understanding is that Placik is around $7,000-$8,000.  Just put on a fitting thermal shirt over the weekend and almost cried! I was wearing a large in shirts and now I am a medium.  My biggest regret is not getting this surgery done sooner.  My wife is amazed with the results as well.  Pensler makes this a huge part of his practice.  I felt very good about him from the first consultation.  I was very nervous as well going into it, but the surgery was not bad at all.  If you can handle getting an IV and dealing with your chest feeling like you did a hard work out for 1 week, you can do it!  I took pain meds for 18 hours after the surgery and that was all I needed.  The worst part of the entire process is wearing a tight fitting compression vest for a months after the surgery.  I would highly encourage you to go see Dr. Pensler.  Both my wife and I think he did an excellent job on my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024