Author Topic: Gyno came back after surgery  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Jordono

I am 27 very active eat healthy and have had gyno in both sides at different times. I have had surgery on both. I have a history of drug use and used supplements in the past which messed up my hormones. This is all years ago and i havent used anything for a bout a year. Im currently taking tomaxifen from my endocrinologist for six months at a low dose to see if it helps. He coudlnt find anything wrong wth my hormone levels or thyroid or anything. Im about 4 months into the treatment and although i think its stopped it from growing i now have to have surgery again at least on my left side as it is about the size of a quarter. My question is has anyone had experience with it coming back for no reason? Maybe they left some in? and if so the next time i go to get it removed can it all be removed so this doesnt happen again its very frustrating and makes me feel down and i hate the way it looks. Thank you

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
hey i'm in the same boat, i just have a question

how long did it take it to come back after surgery? i use supplements as well, stopped for about 2 months and got the surgery done, pretty sure it was still active before i got it done so it will come back probably.

Offline Jordono

I had it about 2 years ago and its back as big or bigger. The other side i had 6 months ago and its back but its very small and im not too concerned with the right side right now. The thing is tho i havent used anything in between as far as supplements but i did have a relapse on drugs and alcohol about a year ago and got sober 9 months ago so idfk whats going on at this point

Offline Jordono

Any dr.s have advice???

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yours is a complicated problem and there no easy answers.  Would suggest, though, that you give it adequate time for your body to normalize (at least another year).  That means no anabolic steroids/supplements, no drugs/alcohol, lots of exercise and a healthy diet.

Then suggest a visit to an endocrinologist to check all your hormones.  If you are on any medications, check for potential side effects, such as gyne.  And then remember that there are simply cases of gyne for which we cannot determine the cause (doctors call this "idiopathic", which means we just don't know).

If everything is negative, then consider going to an expert in gyne surgery in your area for an opinion.  You would be considering revision surgery, which is always more difficult and less predictable -- but it should improve you.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Jordono

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
Hey guys

I just want to be clear here, you had the op for gyno, then with the supplementation your gland grew back?

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024