Author Topic: Gyno Surgery soon - two questions  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Zim

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am going for surgery in a few weeks. The lumps are very small and my gyno is barely visible, but it is painful and has been confirmed via ultrasound.
1. I am slim, have normal bloods/hormones, am on no offending medication, and despite being on Raloxifene 60mg for 3 months+, still no symptomatic relief from the pain. Is there any hope that surgery will remove this pain? I have no other options at this point.
2. How soon will I be able to return to work? I work in an office.
3. How soon will I be able to work out in the gym?

I of course will ask my surgeon all of these questions, but would like to get some other opinions.

Thanks

Offline myhealth

• Posting Member
Having had two gyne surgeries, I think:
1. Pain may go away partially or completely
2. I think it shouldn't take long to go back to work as you work at an office (assuming you don't lift things that are heavy or requires extending your arms).
3. I would say it depends on the extensiveness of the surgery. Follow your surgeon instruction as he/she is often the only one who knows that. There's not hard and fast rules as to when to start you workout.  Also doctors recommend differently. However, it's always good to also listen to your body and progress accordingly. In other words, don't do anything that hurts.
A tip:
*If you have your surgery done far away from your home, you have to go back to the same doctor for all your post-up appointments. Even if there are complications & it's too difficult to go back to the original surgeon, no other doctors in your area will accept you or give you post-op care. You will be on your own (it really feels like being helpless, literally).
Good luck

Offline redefine_style

Hi there,

My name is Raveen and I have been suffering from gynecomastia since 14yo. I happened to come across this forum and would really appreciate if you could provide me more information about the surgery that you went through. I have got a referral from the polyclinic and have been scheduled for a review at SGH next week. How was the procedure like and what are the side effects, if any, involved? Would also appreciate if you could provide me with the estimated cost for the surgery. Also, is it possible to use Medisave to pay for the surgery? So sorry to trouble you but would like to hear from you soon. Thank you very much for your help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024