Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Delgado this morning  (Read 2574 times)

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Well here we go.  I saw the doctor in his San francisco office for my pre op yesterday and had my surgery today at 7 am.    Everything went well.  You don't feel a thing because your out cold and when u wake  up it's over.  I  have drains in me and YES it is weird to see blood draining into a tube but this is standard practice and it helps with the healing process.  I don't really have any pain at all which i  find bizarre but hey i am not complaining...lol    I am just so afraid to sleep tonight because i toss and turn all night when i sleep and i don't want to mess up my drains in the middle of the night.   You see if i turn over at night and put a kink in the drain the blood has no where to go but back into the body which  leads to problems in healing.   I have not looked at  how my chest looks,  I am just to scared and i don't want to take the vest off.  I think the worst thing about the whole experience was that i had to get my mom involved and have her be there to drive me back from the hospital to my hotel room,   they will not let u just take a cab.   I would have loved to not get her involved for  the obvious reasons but it  is best she is here. Everyone was really nice.  Dr Delgado is a really nice guy, very down to earth.  The total cost was 7 grand.  The real cost is more because i need a rental car, hotel room and food for the week.  I don't have much more to say tonight.  I will be posting tomorrow

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I think I did get run over by a car too after my surgery.  Day 3 and I'm still hurting bad.  I was a little nervous about going to bed and tossing and turning to.  I've never slept on my back before (honestly).  So I took the pain pills and they knocked me out enough that I didn't want to move.  Good luck.

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
I did not want to get my mom involved because  of the embarrassment but in the end it was the good decision,  but if i need any further work  done on me i think i will just get a nurse for the first night...lol    As for the drains and sleeping ,  it's sleeping with your head elevated that is hard,  basically sleeping while in a sitting position that is the hard part.   Also i recommend wearing a shirt with buttons over your vest and drains because while typing my first post when i got up from my seat the drain got got on the handle of the desk and i almost pulled the dayaaaaam thing out.....lol     I was soooo pissed.   It is day 3 and i am still draining but not nearly as much as i was b4 and the left side appears to be turning a lighter color which is good  I drained about 8 cc from my right side and 5 cc from my left today which was down from 40 cc on each side from the first day.   I don't know how any P.S. does this procedure without drains, in my case all that fluid would have had no place to go but build up in my chest.....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024