Author Topic: Anybody see puffiness go away after scar tissue vanished?  (Read 4140 times)

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
After surgery many of us develop scar tissue and this gives the puffy nipples effect. Apparently after scar tissue heals up and is gone, so is the ptrotrusion of the nipples. Pretty sure I've read posts like that here, but I'd like to see the lucky ones talk about it. I know it's a long shot since most people who are happy with the surgery generally leave this site..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Everyone is different and has different surgery -- thus one cannot generalize about puffiness disappearing after surgery.  Sometimes it is swelling only; other times it may be scar tissue, which may slowly subside by itself or need some coaxing with an injection of cortisone.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Once people have a satisfactory result,  they quickly lose interest in this site and we never hear from them again.  The people who could best answer your question are no longer here. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Once in a while a person will hang around for a year or two after surgery to advise and reassure others. Unfortunately we do not have anyone at this time who fills that bill.  

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
Initially there was puffiness in my nipple. But after the corticosone shot which we did after 3 months did great. Now the nipple is flat and always like contracted. Hard. But i didnt have that with the other nipple. Gonna get another touch up

Offline jrflatnow

• Posting Member
After surgery many of us develop scar tissue and this gives the puffy nipples effect. Apparently after scar tissue heals up and is gone, so is the ptrotrusion of the nipples. Pretty sure I've read posts like that here, but I'd like to see the lucky ones talk about it. I know it's a long shot since most people who are happy with the surgery generally leave this site..
[/quote

MOST LIKELY NOT ENOUGH GLAND WAS REMOVED. YOU MAY NEED SURGERY AGAIN. RESULTS FROM SURGERY ARE IMMEDIATE FROM DAY 1 if it's done correctly.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024