Author Topic: Free or discounted gyno surgery in exchange for video/documentary of your surger  (Read 4568 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Would you consider letting your gyno surgery be recorded and broadcast as a documentary or to promote a surgeon (with your face, name, etc..) if it would cost less or even be free?

Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
hmmm I think so....

living with this is probably already the most embarrassing thing to imagine... anything after that is a ride through the park.

I just wouldn't want any future girlfriends to see it is all... I wouldn't want people thinking I am genetically inferior.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I question whether there might be an ethical problem is what you suggest.

Most of the guys are so secretive that this may not be easy to pull off anyway.

The various companies that pander in the so call "Reality TV" shows may be interested.

If you don't mind being depicted as some kind of quivering emotional wreck on Nationwide TV, check it out.

Most guys would probably like to maintain at least part of their dignity, So this is not for them.
Grandpa Dan

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
Good point Paw Paa... I haven't been offered but do you think the people who we see getting surgeries say on discovery health get some kind of discount/rebate?

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
what if they pay you? Pay me I'll do it. I like them greenbacks. A relative of mine watches those human interest stories on TV all the time. a channel with different shows non stop with unfortunate people getting ridiculous and gross surgeries performed on them to fix some kind of deformity or situation. I cant stand to watch that crap. Real women and mom oriented shows most guys dont watch that crap.

Look I went to both highschool and gradeschool and junior high with this crap (which also included about 5 schools in all). theres no secret. I am already a shadow. perhaps a smidgen of dignity in the corner but none to lose by sharing a story for a medical documentary and do a five sentence interview about a condition for some crappy lifetime channel documentary show that airs on one Tuesday afternoon for moms to watch.

As a matter of fact thats how I learned what gynecomastia was in the first place. My mom was watching her shows and they did a documentary of a 16 year old boy who had been struggling with this "bizarre unknown" condition known as gynecomastia. They showed some video feed of him doing a few things, a quick word with the parents, they asked him a few questions about his history and trials, then they showed right up to the operating table and watched as they operated on him. Then at the end they show you how different he is and how changed his life is.

When my mom watched that she FINALLY said to herself.... "oh my god... my son has that too.... " and she called me into the room to show me and thats how I found out.

Thanks to that I know what this condition is. Before that I thought God was just a bastard. Because no doctor ever said sh-t to me... but I saw them looking..... I guess its not an easy thing to bring up to someone especially if they are seemingly oblivious to it.

--------

but I wouldn't star in any commercials or billboards tho.......

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
I would do it for a documentary like on discovery health but not some type of reality tv show that spends an hour in the patients shoes talking about his insecurities.

When a teen or adult sees a documentary about gyne, I think it makes him/her realize that society is accepting it more as one of those common but unfortunate conditions...but when you add the whole insecurity thing like on reality tv, it becomes more unbeareable...instead of saying its some "terrible, weird, and dreaded condition" they can just call it a hormone imbalance or something and it might help the condition come out the closet a little more

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it might even have been done, though tv crews and mtv producers have shown up here looking to do it for free as a "telling your story" pitch.  i always doubt their sincerity in pretending to be sympathetic against the jerry-springer temptation to turn it into a shock-value ratings-boosting spin of "wow, look at these freaks, dudes with BREASTS, BREASTS".  and since they're dudes, even better, it's okay for us to air the footage!  ;)

i value my privacy against not being nationally recognized as a breast surgery dude a lot more than four or five grand.  if they didn't change my voice and blur my face, i'd turn it down flat. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:15:45 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
thats a true point too. There is no telling if you can actually trust a show or any show like that. They do turn into jerks because they like the $$$ too. I doubt if I would really go through something like that but the show I saw was true. It was just a human interest story about medical procedures that people endure for various reasons. The one I saw was sincere and informative. shows a detailed account of the surgery and procedure involved in relatively unacknowledged (socially) affliction. They didn't make fun of the kid or ambush his interview. This is what 40 year old moms watch (that and Oprah) after they pick their kids up.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The side show atmosphere of a Jerry Springer show is precisely what we do not need.

Discovery Health, they might do a decent job.

I'd be leery of almost any of them.

Once you sign away your privacy, the producers are pretty much free to edit the thing however they want though.

Offline Puffman

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Concerning this topic, i wouldn't let the surgeon broadcast my surgery or have it as a documentary. Living with gyne has alrdeady made me shy enough. I'd do anything to help fellow gyne sufferers ie. a survey. But this condition is too personal for me to show myself and my moobs on TV. I'm sure others don't mind and it's because of them, we owe a lot of support to. I can see how some people would do it out of financial reasons. Good question btw :p

13genof

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There was a boy who had his story on Discovery health. His breasts were unquestionably quite large and obvious. He also had emotional issue as a result of the Gynecomastia. All of which makes for good TV. If your condition is somewhat less, they probably would not be interested.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I personally would not do it if my face and name were shown. I would kill myself if my family or friends knew!!!

However I would probably do it if my name and face were not shown....
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Womanboob,

You have to be careful whenever you work with the media.  You never really know which way they're going to spin things.  I was involved in an "Extreme Makeover" kind of show here in Orlando a few years ago, but it never got picked up by a network.  It's probably just as well.  Whenever I'm interviewed by local news people for any kind of story, I feel like I need to choose my words very carefully.  Whenever you are "on the record", they can do whatever they want with your story.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

www.orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024