Author Topic: Melbourne..Dr lanzer... Done it! So HAPPY!  (Read 19690 times)

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
SOOO HAPPY!

I'm Day 2 post op & I cant be any happier with how it is already! I know there's brushing swelling still to come but my nipples were stitched up good which are already healing flat! Thank god!

So Ill give u a detailed run down from start to finish. Hopefully it helps people. As I've read many others on hear which have helped me.

March 12th- I booked a consultation with dr lanzer.... Got to his office & waited nearly over 2hrs later.
(His known for having poor time management skills but is only because his finishing on someone else's surgery. & he doesn't like being rushed! Which is a good thing!)
& his social skills are weak as well. But I asked him all the question I had & he answered them all.

First you meet his p.a- brad. His a top bloke who is great at replying all emails & messages you leave for the dr. Responses I got back with in 20 minutes. He told me make sure I tell the dr everything I want to say before he leaves. & I made sure I did.

So I spoke to brad first... Talked about how my pain tolerance is.... & we came to the conclusion that I would be AWAKE which  came to cost $4500. If I wanted to be asleep it would have been $6500.
$4500 was a no brainer!
-cheaper and the if there was pain, it would be a constant reminder of what I got done & not take it for granted. But more coz it was cheaper.

So... I saw the dr & took my top off & he gave me a quick examine by touching & lifting my 'boobs'.
He said I was a good candidate & I should receive pleasing & satisfied results.
Went home & talked/thought about it...
(My sister got lipo from him(thighs) & she was very happy with her results) so I was more biased to go with him.

April 20th- I called to book the appointment for May 15th. I got a blood test which is required last week, & had to speak on phone to a psychologist to see the reasons why I want it & what I expect... Blah blah.... Bunch of rubbish it was talking to her.

DAY 1- MAY 15!!
Arrived at 12.00 waited till 1pm. (I expected it)
Then I finally got admitted to the surgery room.
The gave me a hair piece, gown, & paper cloth boots to wear during surgery.
The nurse came in once I changed & gave me a purple pull to put under my tongue to relax me, a pull to swallow for infection, & 2 needles in the bum for??? I don't remember why.( all I was thinking was 'this nurse is looking at my hairy arse! Lol) dr came in for about 5 min... Talked about results again.. He took photos to compare with post op. & he got a marker & drew circles around my chest where to suck from.

So then they (2 nurses) laid me on my back & gave me sum anesthetic needles to the chest on both sides so they could cut and put to bags of clear liquid called timencine??? I think it's called that... It's a numbing liquid that numbs the whole chest & separates the skin from the fat & stops bleeding. I FELT NOTHING! I was shocked! They said that part is the worst as some feel a little pain! As soon as I heard that I thought the sucking part would be nothing then.

Then I had to wait 30 minutes for it too all set in & take affect for the fat to loosen... I looked at my chest... WOW my boobs were massive!!about 2 litters were in me... It felt so weird touching them.

Then the nurses started sucking the fat out of me... FELT NO PAIN WHAT SO EVER!....
I asked where dr lanzer was?.. They said they start of the sucking. & he'll come in to sculpt & level & do the final stages of the sucking. I could feel the tube in me sucking but it just felt like someone's fingers rubbing up & down my chest. I was waiting and waiting for some pain! Nothing!
Then as dr lanzer was finishing up on my last side... As he was doing that I saw the other nurse cutting my nipple... Felt nothing once again... I asked her... 'Are you cutting the nipple?' & she said I'm stitching it up already... The dr cut it & opened & pulled out the chunk of gland. & as I was talking to her. The dr was already pulling out my left gland... Which I could see he had a little trouble..... Lol. It was thick!.. Then he stocked it up... Told me I was done.
I got padded up with the nurses & got my vest which cost & extra $170.

Once I was cleaned up... The said I could change into my clothes I came in with.
So I looked around & I had my phone with me.... I was talking photos of everything!!!

I'll try put up all photos....if I know how to.

Then my sister came at 4pm & we went home. 3hrs is all it took!
 & the pain I felt from a score out of 10.... 2 which were just the numbing needles.

I just can't get over the fact there was NO PAIN!

That night I slept on my back coz I couldn't sleep on sides or front... WORST SLEEP EVER.

DAY 2- MAY 16th
Arrived & got my padding removed.... That thing was heavy!!! Full of leftover liquid & blood.... Then dr lanzer came in & looked & examined me... He was happy with the result.. The nurses said it looks good also. I looked down!...OH MY GOD!... I was flat! I've never been this flat since primary school!

But I still have to go though the swelling a bruising period which causes lumps and bumps so the muscle and skin to reattach & fill out & fall into place. Still along way to go.
Booked an appointment for stitches taken out next week. Walked to my car...
As I was Passing the window shops reflections.... With my tshirt.. FLAT! Great happy feeling.

& I feel great!  I slept in the arvo on my sides now & I only wear the vest.(no padding)

That's it!  Any questions I'll be happy to answer!
 & I HIGHLY recommend dr lanzer! He did 3 gyno procedures that day including me & 2 the day before... Well that's what the nurses told me when I asked if he was common for guys wanting it done by dr lanzer.

I would do it again & again if I had to!
He was excellent! & the nurses are just as good as they did basically half the procedure without him.

I'll try do photos now.

& my before & after images tomorrow after my 1st shower!

Thanks guys!

Offline jamescones

• Posting Member
Ripper mate, looking forward to the pics. Happy healing!

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
Cheers mate. Here's before & after.

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
1 week later. Day 8

Nipples stitches have come out! They look good from what I can see. A little weird bit that coz they've been pressed against my chest & vest.
The nurse said the nipples take the longest time to spread back out & heal.

Bruising  and swelling has begun!...started around day 5 but the colour is spreading over chest now...
I'm using icepacks to try & keep the swelling and bruising down... NOT WORKING. lol.  BUT I'd probably have more bruising colour and swelling if I didn't use them....
So I'm Gonna continue using them.. Just to keep me at peace.

Sleeping on my side now.. The first 1st night... I don't even think I slept. It was that uncomfortable
With all the bandages & the vest compressed into you.

The vest- $170 for a crappy stretchy tight singlet that looks like it cost nothing more then $10. But it works.
Can get itchy during the night. But I'm still wearing it for 1 more week full time. The 2 weeks part time. 12hr on 12hrs off.  I'll probably wear the vest part time for another month.
The more compressed the better I believe.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

I also went to Medicare today to claim my rebate that was just under $600.
WOOHOO!

Offline foo fighter

• Posting Member
Hi there, great job mate! looks good! Can I just ask how you found dr lanzer? And who else did you see to get opinions also? I know Sue Thistlethwaite is very popular here, did you see her?

cheers.

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
Ey...my mate had it done years ago with him
But I never talked about my problem with my friend, I kept it hush hush..

I picked dr lanzer through my sister. She had work done on her legs. & when I went to pick her up... I noticed a guy walk out with vest on him...
Then I was flicking through my sisters book/brochure & saw the "man boobs" section & all his before & afters... the guy I saw with the vest must of had it done...

Looked on his website... Saw all the before & afters... & I was happy.
& my sisters legs look great! No scars. No in evenness. No dints or lumps.

5 months later.... I decided enough is enough.... I just called up & booked a consultation with him.

& now here I am.... Checking myself out in the mirror everytime I walk into the bathroom! Lol

No I didn't see other doctors...  Sue had a  3 week wait..... I called lanzer & booked a visit 2 days after.

BUT!... His time management skills are bad!
He'll say come in at 1pm & I'll still be waiting there till 2pm!

HE DOESNT LIKED TO BE RUSHED! His operating all the time!

Brad is his p.a...... & he'll be the guy to mostly talk to!

I HIGHLY RECOMEND HIM! He knows what his doing. The procidure gets done on a weekly basses. I had 2 young  guys waiting with me....  they were getting it done also.

Hope that helped!

Offline foo fighter

• Posting Member
Hi there, thanks very much for replying.  Much appreciated.  This is the first story that I've read here that someone was awake when having the procedure done.  I only thought it was only done under full general anesthetic.   I'm not a huge fan of needles, and it sounds like you got about 4 of them.  How's the chest looking now? Im so envious of reading stories here and people doing the operation.   I've been looking down at my chest for 17 years and feeling crap.  How soon from your first consult with dr kanzer did you get it done? (Sorry maybe you already said this).  Can I see some recent pics if you don't mind? Cheers.   

J

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member

Foofighter-  when I went for the consult... His p.a-(brad) told me majority go under Local.
I was a little scared as well... But the cost was too high for me to be out to sleep.
& I figured.... It must be safe to be awake if they allow it.
They have me 2 injections in the bum to relax me.
& 2 injections on each chest to numb the skin so they can pop in the small tubes to allow the numbing liquid to inside the chest.
After those 6 injections.... Which were tiny tiny stings that lasted 3 seconds each.... I felt no pain after that throughout the whole procedure.

I had 3  small cuts on each side of chest which is where they put the numbing fluid in & they use the same wholes to suck the fat out..... My scars are healing well... Can even tell that they're there.

Jump on dr lanzer web site & you can email them with questions & his p.a. Will respond ASAP!....

He'll tell you to book in a consultation so u can speak face to face & get better understanding.... It's free.

TRUST ME.... I was looking at my chest thinking I'm gonna be stuck with these large things on my chest forever!...

THE BEST DECISION IVE MADE ABOUT MY BODY!.... So happy. It's entirely ur choice but a free consultation will settle all your queries.

ILL PUT CLOSE UP PHOTOS OF BY CHEST TOMORROW.

Glad to help.

Offline foo fighter

• Posting Member
Hi again, thanks again for responding.  I've seen dr lanzers website and spoken to a nurse there over the instant chat on the website.  She told me to come in for a consultation.  Brad also emailed me and mentioned to pop in aswell.  I guess what's holding me back is telling my spouse about it as she doesn't know I'm enquiring about not does she know what gynecomastia even is.  Once I have the courage to tell her than I can move on and see dr lanzer.  Sorry for spilling all this here to ya mate, I've never spoken to anyone about this before.  How are those lip oscars going? 3 incisions on each side sounds like a lot.  Will the scars disappear completely? I bet you can't wait till summer to get to the beach lol.   Thanks again for your info, looking forward to seeing your pics.   Cheers.   

J

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
Photo 1-Left side, Right side & front on.

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
Photo 2- A close up of each side.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:29:22 AM by Jimjam »

Offline foo fighter

• Posting Member
hey there, thanks so much for the update and for the pics. yeh i can see the bruising and the swelling as you mentioned. did Dr Lanzer say that this will be looking better as the weeks and months progress??  The after pictures on his website are probably takem a few months after the surgery, yours is only a couple weeks since so Im sure it will look better as the weeks go by. Good luck on thursday. hope to hear how it goes.

cheers.

Offline Jimjam

• Posting Member
Foofighter.....

I was in the same boat.... I couldn't bare to tell my family!
When I finally did NO JOKE I would walk into the living room & take a big breath then walk back out.. Did that about 3 times.... Then I thought to myself... Just say it once & it's out there. Just say it.
So I said to my mum....... So I took the biggest breath and said the words. "I'm gonna look into getting my chest flattened, I'm sick & tired of how it looks & I'm not happy.

BANG.... My mum was surprisingly supportive & said if it's what I wanted & & if it's gonna make me happy & more confident.... go for it!
After that.... The biggest relief was lifted! I actally stopped looking on this site for a couple of weeks because I had told family I was wanting it done... & I had the consultation.
So once you state it... Trust me... You feel more free from hiding tour chest & ur secret to getting them fixed!

& yes.... When summer comes...BEACH

& replying to your most recent post.his website photos are taken 6 months after... & yes he said they can take anywhere form 3 -6 months  for everything to settle..... So I'm not worried at all... YET! Lol

&  SUCCESS!..... The dried blood form the Stitches peeled right off. Now they are clean!  Woo!

Speak soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024