Author Topic: Sore nipples  (Read 1258 times)

Offline fortwayne

I'm 64 years old and I already have significant gyno. I've experienced sore nipples recently, unlike anything I've experienced before and not attributable to friction or other external causes. This is very alarming to me because I'm concerned about further breast tissue development. If my moobs stayed as they are, I could live with that, but if they get any bigger, I would feel I had to have surgery, but I really don't want to go that route.
My testosterone and estradiol levels are within normal ranges. I also had a comprehensive metabolic panel run a month ago as part of my annual physical, and everything was normal. I'm active, only 5-10 lbs. overweight (having lost 15 lbs. in the past several months), and generally healthy. 
The soonest I can get in to see an endocrinologist is a month from now, and in the meantime I've had a couple of instances of very pronounced soreness, one lasting about 5 days and the other 3 days. And much of the rest of the time I feel a slight degree of soreness.  It's as if my nipples were burned or like right after someone had pinched them really hard. 
Do you have any ideas about what could be causing this?  I don't feel any lumps or see anything different in appearance that would suggest breast cancer. 
Thanks.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
There are a few things that can cause nipple soreness. Friction could be the result. If so tape some pads over your nipples so they won't rub against your clothes. You should get relief quickly if this is the cause. Excessive caffeine and marijuana can also give some tenderness. Back off on either of these if they apply. You can try taking Vitamin E, Primrose oil and even some Ibuprofen to try to get some relief. See your primary care doc or gynecomatia surgeon if the pain continues. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024