Author Topic: Back to the gym I go....  (Read 1540 times)

Offline taxmapper

This am (7/29/22) I finally got back to the gym. 

No issues or worries, and worked out w/o a bra on.   Although I DID poke out ALOT!   

Had only a few glancing looks, mostly from females who had the expression of either " I feel ya", to "suck it up buttercup..."  But otherwise it went well...

Ill have to get a poser pic in front of the mirrors during dead lifts and ill post that to show where I am at. 

Anyone else have an experience? 

aboywithgirls

I sure did! I had on my sports bra under my tshirt or tank top for years until I started going their as Sophie. I  got many more glances as Sophie. 

❤️

Offline taxmapper

I sure did! I had on my sports bra under my tshirt or tank top for years until I started going their as Sophie. I  got many more glances as Sophie.

❤️

but alas... no one hit on me. 

:-[

Confused old man

I go to the gym twice a week for aerobics class. Hard to hide my problem so I don’t. Change out of my daily bra into my gym clothes and sports bra in the locker room. When I’m done I shower and change back into my street clothes with my daily bra. Everyone can see my problem, so why pretend it’s not there. No one makes fun of me. I have many friends my age...64.. that have health problems. When it comes down to having their problems to my problem....I’ll gladly take my boobs over what some of them have. I am truly blessed to have these wonderful boobs compared to other health problems so many have as we age.

Offline taxmapper

I go to the gym twice a week for aerobics class. Hard to hide my problem so I don’t. Change out of my daily bra into my gym clothes and sports bra in the locker room. When I’m done I shower and change back into my street clothes with my daily bra. Everyone can see my problem, so why pretend it’s not there. No one makes fun of me. I have many friends my age...64.. that have health problems. When it comes down to having their problems to my problem....I’ll gladly take my boobs over what some of them have. I am truly blessed to have these wonderful boobs compared to other health problems so many have as we age.
Amen! 

Dudewithboobs

My wife switched gyms a few months ago it was closer to her and offered more of a environment she enjoys. I still go to planet fitness but went to the gym she signed us up for as well a couple weeks ago as they have a pool and sauna and felt like just relaxing. It was nice but there was a guy in there who we were talking about news and stuff and he was probably 20-30 years my senior and I definitely noticed a few quick looks at my chest. 
Another few times at my gym I’ve walked in and seen the front desk looking at my chest it seemed also when walking past some others in the gym going to a machine seeing glances. 
I’ve come to just not care. I didn’t ask for them and they don’t respect my wishes to stop so whatever lol. Far as I know I’m healthy, obviously something is off but nothings been found and no one who is important seems to care so I just keep doing what I do and go about my day  

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I’ve come to just not care. I didn’t ask for them and they don’t respect my wishes to stop so whatever lol. Far as I know I’m healthy, obviously something is off but nothings been found and no one who is important seems to care so I just keep doing what I do and go about my day 
I agree with you "Dudewithboobs".  I am 49 now and have had my boobs for a long time now, they are an A maybe a small B but I don't really know.  It really bothered me years and I never talked about it, even with my wife.  Recently I brought up the topic with her and I was surprised that she said she doesn't care if I have them or don't.  That really changed my opinion and now I am on the "I don't care" road of acceptance.  Hearing stories like yours really has helped me a lot and I am starting to like and enjoy my boobs.  My wife has recommended me to see a doctor to see if I have true gyno, pseudo, or both.  She even joked that if it is true gyno than we can schedule our mammograms at the same time and make it a family outing.
Redfox 🦊

gmast

Men don't get routine mammogram test like women do.  Even for those with gyn, the percentage that get breast cancer is  so small and not much differrent than those without, so it is not recommended. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
Men don't get routine mammogram test like women do.  Even for those with gyn, the percentage that get breast cancer is  so small and not much differrent than those without, so it is not recommended.
Interesting Gmast, I am actually glad to read this, I assumed a yearly check would be recommended.  I would be very embarrassed to go in for a yearly mammogram but would do it if my doctor recommended it.

aboywithgirls

Men don't get routine mammogram test like women do.  Even for those with gyn, the percentage that get breast cancer is  so small and not much differrent than those without, so it is not recommended.
Interesting Gmast, I am actually glad to read this, I assumed a yearly check would be recommendedI would be very embarrassed to go in for a yearly mammogram but would do it if my doctor recommended it.
Agreed. Definitely not as a rule. I did have an annual mammogram and ultrasound after the age of 35 ( even as a man). It was due to my breast size and my family history. 

Sophie ❤️

Offline gotgyne

I think it depends on the personal risk factors. Only if breast cancer runs in the family (mother, sister, aunt) then a mammogram can make sense. Don't forget that numerous mammograms decrease the risk of cancer.
For the statistics in the US you may look here:
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer-in-men/about/key-statistics.html

Nevertheless the incidence of breast cancer in men with gynecomastia is a little higher as in men without and this is increasing with age.
So for the risk of breast cancer with gynecomastia this may help:
https://www.breastlink.com/breast-cancer-101/rare-breast-cancer-types/male-breast-cancer-and-gynecomastia/
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline taxmapper

Well back to the subject at hand. 

Yesterday 8/2/22 I went in early to the gym and did a series of upper body lifts. i avoided the pool and slept late this am so no gym today. 

But the workout yesterday that included 30 min. on the treadmill and and another 20 min. on a rowing machine along with the upper body has led to alot of soreness around the pecs and underarms. 

But the fact that the muscles are worked also meant that the boobies popped out a bit more as my chest was sitting upward a bit all day. 
posture is obviously helped greatly with workouts, and again no bra but unlike the last time I didn't squish anything. 

This time around the looks were very few, but the ones I did get were more of curiosity than not.   

Nothing said, but makes you wonder. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
Good for you Taxmapper, getting in shape is very important for health in general.  I really need to get back on the treadmill to get myself in better shape.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024