Author Topic: What kind of bra for my son is the best?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Parent

Hi i’m a mother of a 17 year old son, ( 64 kg ) with breasts sized 40a.
We went to the doctor with him to have surgery but this is not paid by our insurance company, and we don’t have the money to buy the surgery.
Now we start thinking to let him wearing bras.
Are here some mothers who have experience to buy bras for their son?
And what kind of bra should be the best for a boy to look more flat.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I'm not a mother of course, but I have had breasts since puberty. 
From my experience, the best for concealment are of course compression vests but they are hot and uncomfortable. When I tried them I got horrible skin rashes. 
The next step up is a sports bra, and if you are looking for concealment then the high impact sports bras are best.
Some sports bras have a molded cup that might be more comfortable, but would also show more. 
To find the perfect sports bra it's best to go and try them on. He will be wearing it everyday, and comfort will be key. 
Pretty much every department store with a lingerie department would work, or Torrid and Soma are good choices as well. 
Of course good colors to go under the radar are nude, grey, etc...
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

Many sports bras are typically padded. 
The pads will shape and cause protrusion, so the pads if you don't already know, should come out. 

As for other forms of concealment, a def. giveaway are t-shirts and any shirt with spandex. 

It causes form fitting to the body. 

Normal for women, not for men. 

If yall want to hide for now the one key thing is to pay attention to how the bras also fit if you go that route. 

Remember, women want to show off and most bras are designed to do that. 

Offline Parent

Sports bras there i was also thinking off.
Have they the same effects on man as on women?

Offline taxmapper

Speaking ONLY for myself, I exclusively use them because of the compression aspect, but i keep pads in because of the activity I do alot of, I have had many a nipple scrape. 

As I like to say, 
I have discovered the joys of seat belts. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Sports bras there i was also thinking off.
Have they the same effects on man as on women?
Boobs are boobs, they come in all shapes and sizes but the sports bra route doesn't care about gender. 

p.r.1974

First off, thank you for being the supportive parent that many did not have! My development began at puberty as well, and I was not in a place to begin regular wearing when I should have. 

I would echo the sports bras. It all depends on comfort. Adhesive or non adhesive nipple covers from amazon may also help with modesty and thinner pullovers.

Amazon.com : nipple covers

The compression shirts mentioned above may or may not be helpful. My experience was not pleasant.

With moisture management is important healthy skin I might suggest looking for items with moisture wicking.

Amazon.com : moisture wicking sports bra

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
A couple of my no-show go to favorites include pull over styles from Jockey:

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/women/bras/bralette

When worn under a patterned shirt they are invisible.  For a 40A size, try XL with L or 2XL also a possibility depending on your son’s build.  The padding is just enough to smooth and help hide, while protecting from friction irritants like seat belts.  The bralette styles are typically more comfortable than sport bras.

Sorry you are facing this - but it is manageable.

Offline gotgyne

40A breasts are not that big but nevertheless visible. Of course there is always the possibility that they could grow further. When did your son develop breasts? Did it start at the beginning of puberty?
Had he more examinations, for example a hormonal status by an endocrinologist?
You wrote "Now we start thinking to let him wearing bras."
Who is we? You and the doctor or you and the boy's father?
And what about your boy's everyday life? Is there any bullying at school or at work? And especially what about his opinion on the subject? Has he asked for a bra? He is 17 years old and should be able to make his own decisions.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline blad

There were a few threads in the past relating to teens being introduced to wearing a bra for their breast growth. There was a thread under Gynomom and by a fellow named Conor.

Gynomom was from the prospective of introducing here son to wearing a bra while Conor was from the perspective of a teen beginning to wear bras and understanding that it was his best alternative at that time.

It is great that you are providing guidance to trying a bra. It can be a very good solution from my experience. I developed breasts as a young teen but had to navigate trying bras on my own. I found that it was very helpful for me to wear one but I was alone in my journey at a young age. If I was not so embarrassed  to ask my mom, I know she would have helped.

It is a difficult time as a teen to develop breasts without some guidance
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 03:12:36 PM by blad »
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Gino

• Posting Member
Hi i’m a mother of a 17 year old son, ( 64 kg ) with breasts sized 40a.
We went to the doctor with him to have surgery but this is not paid by our insurance company, and we don’t have the money to buy the surgery.
Now we start thinking to let him wearing bras.
Are here some mothers who have experience to buy bras for their son?
And what kind of bra should be the best for a boy to look more flat.
Maybe you're both over reacting a bit? Unless he's not tall 40A should not present much and a loose fir shirt should be sufficient concealment? Surgery is a pretty radical tack so young,

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
There are many pullover sports bras that can help and hide easily under dark t-shirts and polos. (And button up shirts even better.)  The best I have to hide under a T-shirt come from a company called Knix. they are a Canadian company that does ship to the USA.  With the exchange rate you'll get around 25% off the indicated price.  Their pullover does have removeable pads. For these I do remove the pads and they offer mild but very comfortable compression. And they are all flat seams. So under a dark t-shirt they are invisible. 

https://knix.ca/products/luxelift-pullover-bra

Offline blad

"Parent" who started this thread has not been active since July 10th.

Maybe they got the answers they wanted?

Offline gotgyne

Some more information on her son and how he looks upon this situation himself would be very helpful for good answers. But nil. What a pity.
John

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024