Author Topic: Dilemna..........What to do?  (Read 22823 times)

Offline merlot

• Posting Member
Just applied for virgin credit card online and got a flat refusal..........  Ever get the feeling that life's conspiring against you?   >:(

Try Halifax's. I did it a couple of days ago, and got accepted online instantly, Plus the forms through to sign 2 days later.  I'm on a similar route to you (aside from the CR bit) , so keep trying.

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Well, the big day looms tomorrow.  I've to see karidis.  I'm as nervous as can be, but cannot wait for the verdict.  Still shuffling finances, but should be ok now.  Just hope I can manage to choreograph my time off work to coincide with a slot in Karidis's diary.  Been wearing my "armour" lately, but this weather is killing me.  Must have lost a half stone in sweat.....

All the best, JM

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Don't worry too much about the consultation! All the staff at the hospital are friendly and the same goes for Karidis and his team who are all very professional and helpful.

The consultation does go very quick and you do get the feeling at time that they're trying to rush things and be as efficient with time as they possibly can - so make sure you have all your questions ready for Karidis! I asked to see some pictures which Karidis was happy to do and showed me some before and afters on his computer, you may wanna do the same? :)

My advice is to seriously think tonight about whether or not this is for you. They asked me on the day if I wanted to book a surgery date, and I managed to book one less than a month after the consultation! I did however sit outside for almost 2 hours thinking about it!

Hope my advice helps, good luck about tomorrow and let us know how it goes!!  ;D
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hi Frozen

Thanks for your words of advice.  I'll certainly ask to see a few before and afters.  As regards the thinking about whether this is for me or not, there is absolutely no doubt about it whatsoever.  My life cannot continue the way it has.  I am dreaming about the day I can walk tall.  Tomorrow is the start of a new chapter.  That's if I can find the place that is...... ;D

Offline now-gone

• Posting Member
Don't worry about the consultation - it's a breeze.  I must have spent 10 - 15 mins with him.  He offered to show me before and afters which we did at the end.  It was nice to hear him confidently say "I can make you flat"  :D

Afterwards you will be given the opportunity to book your op - go prepared, take a list of dates you know you can do - it makes it a lot easier.  I didn't and so they kindly penciled me in for a Saturday (1 month later) and I confirmed the following day.

Good luck mate - it will be much easier than you think!

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Hi Jugsy - what time is your consultation?

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hi

About 11.30(ish), without the letter to hand.  You're about 3pm aren't you?  Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

Offline thetodd

if you want to save some money, and not rush into a decision booking it just book it a a later date there is no time limit

Also this will give you a chance to arrange for a free blood test with the nhs, aposed to paying £130-150 on the day

private surgery doesnt have much of a waiting list, your talking a month wait in general and thats if your picky on dates

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hi all

Just a quick update......

Met with Dr. Karidis today, and was put a lot more at ease than I thought possible.  He said that my case was "moderate", and that there was a fair amount of gland there.  He continued to say that the gland would be approximately 98% removed, leaving just a little to support the nipple.  It was incredibly reassuring to hear him say "I will make you flat".  I couldn't resist smiling as I heard the words....

To be honest I was expecting him to tell me not to build my hopes up, for whatever reason.  I was thrilled when he said that my skin was good, and that no excess should remain after the op.  He showed me plenty of "before and afters", some of which were very similar to my condition.  The results looked fantastic!!

Needless to say I have booked the op, and am now on a countdown to Sept 5th.  Only downside is that the appointment is dead early.  Earlier than the first train, which means that I have to travel the night before and book into some "flea pit" b&b.  Small price to pay though, as my life will begin from that day forth......................

Thanks to all who have chipped in thus far, and I will keep you all posted.

;D JM

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Well I don't know how much you are willing to pay, but I decided to go for one of the "Top Secret" hotels in London. They're basically big-named hotels that *secretly* reduce thier price - or something.. there's a story behind it somewhere.

Anyway, I decided to stay the night after my consultation with Karidis and paid £70 for a 4* hotel which turned out to be a swanky Mercure in Southwark! Lovely room!

Now I decided to go again with the Top Secret hotel route for my surgery and booked another 4* hotel for 3 days after, again cost about £70 per night but this time it turns out the hotel is the Crowne Plaza at London Docklands!!! Can't wait :)

http://www.lastminute.com/site/travel/hotels/deals/top-secret.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024