Author Topic: Surgery this wednesday 4th 7am  (Read 2840 times)

Offline paint58

• Posting Member
Hi All

The waiting is nearly over, 2 days to go, feeling really excited, as I have lived with this for far too long.
Decided to take all week off, I am self employed so no problem.I cant sleep very well too excited , lol,
This morning I am off to buy arnica tablets, what dose should I take and how soon after op, I have also
bought a couple of bottles of Bio Oil, as recommmended by Todd, do I start using that straight away after the op?. With a bit of luck I should be home wednesday night, staying with my parents for a few days, there picking me up from the hospital.I have posted pics pre op in my other post, under glad i found this site in UK. Well thats it for now , will post after op, and thanks for the support. ;)

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
R u having gland removal or just lipo?

Make sure you shave your chest area.

I have purchased Dermatrix for scar rejuvenation because he cut around the bottom of my nipple.

GOOD LUCK.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

Offline thetodd

Waits finally over, good feeling!

yeah take the arnica once you get home from the op. Bio oil is for when you start massaging you start doing this at the 3 week mark ... i wont lie to you its very uncomfortable massaging even with Bio oil but its very important that you do it. I let it slide personally and now i have a large amount of scar tissue (which is starting to break down now) which im now religiously massaging. Pineapple is great for swelling so maybe get a few bottles of pineapple juice, when i was recovering i liked having packs of precut pineapple so maybe get a few packs of that

@wannabemassive: im just looking at this Dermatrix have you heard any good reports about it, im wondering if it would have any effect on internal scar tissue that i have
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
thetodd

I have only used it on external scars and it doesn't re-conmend appling internally.

If its about your chest i would seek the strongest massage therapist could find.

What massage technique are you using on it?
There are different types swedish, thai, shiatsu.

How are you for training on it?

Wannabemasive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

Offline thetodd

I did some research and apparentley it works on keloid scarring so ive ordered some off chemists direct, ill give it a try but im not holding up high hopes really.

I dont use any technique at all for it to be honest, just follow whats been posted on here but ill look into some methods tonight

Cheers mate

Offline paint58

• Posting Member
Wohoo  ;D, Free at last, cant really explain how i feel,had op yesterday morning, decided not to stay overnight although the en-suite room and full room service was included in the price as I felt fine,Tim Burge was brilliant and all the staff at St Marys,Bristol, best £4000 I have even spent.
Why I did not do this before I dont know, thanks to you guys giving me the final push. I had a shower this morning all  looks good to me,obviously plenty of swelling but that will go.  will post pics in a few days as need to get my camera which is at my house, I am at my folks resting, but being honest I feel fine, can get my arms up without two much discomfort, have taken no pain killers only arnica, .I use to wear xx large tshirts got a large on this morning cant stop looking in the mirror, lol, cant wait to buy a new wardrobe, hehehee, god i am on one today, I showed my dad and stepmother allready, well impressed  girl-friend I am seeing at weekend.Luckily I needed no gland removal which I allredy knew, just a couple of packs of butter out.
Going out for a walk now as its sunny just in me t-shirt  ;), Once again thanks all, will up-date later.
Paint58

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Congrats mate, i know how you feel , i am now 1 week post op, had the dressings removed this morning and saw the surgeons magic for the first time did everything but cry man!!!, i am now hitting the bath, compression vest in the wash and i am soooooooo glad i did it. feel normal!!!! :)

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
Well happy for you ;D.

Offline paint58

• Posting Member
Ty,
here are links to before and 1 pic just taken 48 hours later, very swollen, lol

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/paint58/gyno/garden1609011.jpg?t=1257503501

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/paint58/P1000100.jpg?t=1257503392

will post more as swelling goes down,   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024