Author Topic: Puffy nipples  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Sickofthis

Hi,

I'm 13 yrs old and I got puffy nipples. It all started about 1 year ago. It really bothers me. I'm not fat at all. I'm fit and I play soccer. It's really hard for me to deal with this. Nobody in my family doesn't have this problem. I want to rid of them as fast is possible. So my question is can I go to operation at this age or I must wait till I get older? Can I maybe take pills at this age? ??? My English is not very good so I apologize. :P

Offline Hope2Help

• Posting Member
First of all welcome to the forums
Im 14 and have the same issue
I've noticed this occurs a lot in sporty people (myself, I am a gymnast)
Have you spoken to your parents about your gynecomastia? If not do so and go to your GP.
I am taking tumeric pills to see if it has any effect on my gynecomastia
Unfortunately as you have only had it for a year I'd recommend waiting for anoter year or so
If it is still there you may want to consult a surgeon
Hope this helps
Nathan

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Within the age range of 11 to 14, this is very common and many of the cases do resolve on their own without problem. It is not just "Sporty People" as bignipsmcgee said, it is true of many people in that age range.

If you were to ask your family Doctor at this point he would say they would go away in a couple of years. Actually this is only right about half of the time. The people here in their later teens and older can testify that the Doctor is not right all the time.

The best course of action for you at this point would be to hope for the best while you prepare for the worst. In other words: Start saving. If your case does not resolve, then you will have a start on the funds needed for surgery. If it does resolve, then I bet you can think of many things to do with the cash you have saved.

Frequently the excess fat buildup is just part of your body storing up for a growth spurt which will soon come.

If the condition is unchanged after the span of about 2 years, then it is most likely permanent and it is time to decide if it is bad enough to see a surgeon. There is no standard measurement for this so put the measuring tape aside. The measure is the degree of impact it is having on your life and on your self image.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Hope2Help

• Posting Member
Paa_Paw I'd like to say that the sporty remark is just something I noticed. I am interested in how gynecomastia could be caused.
Maybe the sport has something to do with an imbalance in estrogen and testosterone

Offline Sickofthis

I'm glad that someone replied! My doctor told me that this will pass in few years! But I will take your advice and start saving!  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024