Author Topic: Q's on Fielding  (Read 18783 times)

Offline mike101

• Posting Member
it might be just me but i hear that fielding isnt too pricey and he does a great job! but are there any experiences with him ppl are willing to share? im just curious b\c i want to get this done right the 1st time. in fact, any1 with experience with fielding (consultations, the actual surgery) could u post ur experiences with him, GREATLY appreciated, thanks guys!

Offline FB

• Silver Member
I had the surgery done by Fielding and yes, he was cheap ($1070CAD) and did a great job.

Read my thread titled "Had Consultation with Fielding today" - it covers allot.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

FB
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 08:19:51 AM by freezerburnt »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I had the surgery done by Fielding and yes, he was cheap ($1070CAD) and did a great job.

Holllld it, Hollllllld it! Just a rock pick'n minute here! ( Fred Flintstone ) FB, why are you only pay'n $1070 and I gotta pay $1200 ???. Gonna have to ask J.C.F. 'bout that....  ;D :D ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:17:40 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline FB

• Silver Member
Haha...
I know how you feel Bambu, when I sifted through all the Fileding topics I never saw one that was more than 900.00 then whammo...he nails me with a 1070.00 quote....oh well, it was worth it and would have paid 5 times that much to get it done...it's just soooooo worth it. We are lucky, most American's pay no less than 3500.00 to get this done....and as high as 8000.00....yikes

Offline Grandpa Bambu

We are lucky, most American's pay no less than 3500.00 to get this done....and as high as 8000.00....yikes

Yeah we are very lucky to have OHIP cover most of the proceedure.

JK'ing about the $130 diff. I sill wonder why my Op. is a tad more though. Oh well.... like you say, very much worth the coin!!!

I just hope that I achieve similar results as yours.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I have surgery scheduled for feb. 2  :) with dr fielding and my price is 1070$ the same as freeze's...I have no idea how he chooses his prices but it must have to do with how much lipo he does....anyways
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline FB

• Silver Member
ya, I would liek to know that as well...when he told me he just kind of picked the price out of the air....there was no explanation or anything...I was going to bargain and see if I could get him down abit but I figured there was use....
You guys are both up next month eh ? You must be really pumped ! It's a piece of cake ::)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

when he told me he just kind of picked the price out of the air....there was no explanation or anything...
You guys are both up next month eh ? You must be really pumped ! It's a piece of cake ::)

Yeah, same here... JCF said my cost would be $1200 as if ( like you ) to pick that number out of thin air. Oh well, better than pay'n $5000!  :o

I step up to the plate on the 16th of Feb. Four weeks tomorrow!  :D ;D :D Can hardly believe this 31 year ordeal will be over! However, I am a bit concerned about the healing process. As of late, the last 3 years or so, my body seems to take a very long time to heal. Muscle injuries take anywheres from 4 to 6 months and 4 to 8 weeks to recover fully from the flu/colds etc. I guess that sort of thing comes with age.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 04:05:15 PM by Bambu »

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member
That's nice to heard that :):):)
I just wrote a letter today to JCF to know if he can make 1K$ surgery for PQ people too. Cause here it's 3500$ everywhere :(. Hope it will be a positive response. Good luck for your surgery :).

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
Hey bambu  I went for my consult a couple of days ago I too have to pay $1200 funny how he just picks the number out of the air but what ever I still don't know if i want to go through with it as i don't know how my body will heal up after. How bad did he say yours was?

Offline Cerrone

• Posting Member
To the people who got quoted for around $1000,  is insurance covering a part of it or is that the total price that Dr. Fielding would charge you ?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
insurance covers the excision part of the surgery,he doesnt tell you what that cost though,the part you pay for is the liposuction...

ps :I am super excited to get it done in Feb...later

Offline take_what_u_get

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I want to thank everybody on this board. I wasnt sure if I had it but I watched a program on TV, which led me to search the internet. I found this board and everything followed from there. I made an appointment with Dr. Fielding and my surgery is scheduled late feb. I want to get the message out that its okay If you have this condition, you are not a mutant, dont be afraid to seek help. I hope that just by writing this I can reach if even one person and help them understand that there is a lot of us out there who share the insecurities and fear associated with gyno with you. I also think that Dr. Fielding seems like a smart man who knows what he is doing. My price was 1070. I think that he has set a standard rate, because he used to do it by how much lipo you needed it. So Once again thanks everybody I dont know what I would have done without this board.

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
When did you have your consult with the good doc?

Offline take_what_u_get

My consultation was a week ago and the surgery is late feb so I only have to wait a month. He only operates on Wednesdays I believe. And a month of waiting is nothing.  

Hope that helps  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024