Author Topic: What's your story?  (Read 352 times)

Brdy64

I have had gynecomastia since I was a teenager. I only had A cups back then, but it was very noticeable because of my size. I found myself wearing two T-shirts to keep things covered up.

I have been dealing with some form of gynecomastia most of my life. I missed out on a lot of activities throughout the years due to the fact that I did not like to take my shirt off in public, like going swimming.

I suffered breast cancer in 1989 that was treated with the lumpectomy and chemo. Why the doctor did not perform a mastectomy I do not know.

Fast forward to about a year ago, the tenderness and itchiness came back. My testosterone levels apparently have been dropping because of age, side effects from certain medications that I am unable to stop taking, as well as genetics.

I am now wearing a 50 D cup bra that might be the wrong size based off my measurements. It seems the bra calculator places me in a J cup, but a J cup is huge on me. I'm a 60" bust measurement. I just grabbed a handful of different size bras and kept trying them on until I found one that's comfortable on me.

I have started wearing a single t-shirt for comfort reasons, but also started wearing bib overalls.
The bib overalls cover up my breasts fairly well as well as hide my bra straps. I have taken to making my own bib overalls on the sewing machine I recently purchased so I can make them fit my size. I had to make my own pattern off of my measurements. This has been working out fairly well for me.

I guess the only thing I'm really dealing with lately that bothers me is the fact that I catch people looking at my breasts from across the room or sometimes while I'm talking to somebody face to face. What is really annoying is when a stranger like a cashier at the store will say: "Have a nice day ma'am" 😳

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
The overalls idea is probably the best I’ve heard on here. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, but I’m glad the bra is helping.
I had mastectomy years ago but have had significant regrowth. Mostly just wear bra at home. I don’t want straps to show either.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024