Author Topic: Southern California PS's and My Revision with Dr. Bermant  (Read 3283 times)

Offline 90293

• Posting Member
So I had my revision surgery today with Dr. Bermant.

My first surgery was done earlier this year by Dr. Teitelbaum. Like most people here I was unhappy with my gynecomastia and after visiting 5 different Southern California PS's (most of which are listed in the CA section of this website) I decided to go with Dr. Teitelbaum. At first I was happy with the results and I even posted happy and good things about him on this website. But as time progressed it became clear that Dr. T was not a good PS and that the surgery was not a success. I had indents in both nipples, scaring in the middle of the aerola, cratering when I flexed, and my aerola would indent inwards when my hands were raised above my head. After about 6 months I went to go visit Dr. T to express my displeasure and all he really did was make a video of me showing how he f'd up. He was like the overall shape looks good and my comment to that was yeah he got the basic stuff right, but messed up all the details. I left pissed off and told him that I wish he had never touched me.

It was at this point I went searching for a PS to do a revision surgery. Based on everything on this site I decided there would be three PS's that I wanted to see...Delgado, Bermant, and Jacobs. I went to visit Dr. Delgado, but was not happy with what he told me. All he wanted to was a fat graft on my left nipple (which is the worse one). Feeling like this was not a good solution and hearing that fat grafts are not good in motion I Xed him off my list. I then contacted Bermant and Jacobs. Though I feel Dr. Jacobs would do a good job as well, I felt more comfortable with Dr. Bermant and liked his approach. He is realistic, understanding and very very thorough.

Though I have not seen my chest given that I had the surgery today, I am optomistic that he was able to fix as much as possible. He told me this was a compromise surgery because the first surgeon had screwed up so much and sucked me dry that there were not enough resources to fix everything Dr. B wanted to fix.

I will follow up with more comments once I am able to see the results, but my recomendation for those living in Southern California is to travel to Dr. B...you only have one chest and you might as well see the best before having to pay for two surgeries and ruining 6 months of your life.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:51:44 AM by 90293 »

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  I am eager to see how things work out.  I may need a revision in the future.  If you are willing please post pics once you are able.  Best of luck.

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
Please keep us posted.  I need a revision done as well.  I have seen Dr. Bermant about revision and he definitely is confident in his work and I believe he has the "goods" to back it up.  I have yet to embark on a revision.

Please. please, please post back here.  Post some pics too if possible.

Thanks

Offline 90293

• Posting Member
So it has been 4 weeks and I was able to take off the steri-strips. To my amazement my nipples look a ton better. As I shared earlier there were several things wrong with my first surgery. After only about four weeks, my chest looks flatter (the Dr took out about 50CC on each side), my crater defect is I would say 90% better, and though I cannot put my hands straight over my head the aerola does not seem to indent when I raise my hands. Like any surgery there is scaring from the incision, but I have started to gently massage with cocoa butter, apply silcon sheets, and I am still wearing the vest 24/7. The scaring from the incision is worse on the left side than the right, but I am optomistic given the initial results that eventually scars will not be bad. Heck though the Dr said he didnt do anything to the lipo scars the left one seems to have almost vanished.

All and all...I am very happy so far with the results and wish I had seen Dr. B from the start. I recommend to those who are thinking that they use Dr. B or the other 2-3 Drs routenly praised on this site.

The funny thing is after like 8 months it is weird to have a normal left nipple, I almost feel like if I touch it will deflate. And I will also say that since taking off the steri-strips my attitude has changed and I cannot wait till I can heal up, start working out again, and get on with my life...

Offline dukamata

• Posting Member
Congratulations on your revision.  Would you be willing to share before and after shots.  I have the same nipple issue as you had.

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024