Author Topic: An introduction and a question, so I'll put them here...  (Read 1565 times)

notreallyhere

OK, hello, I'm a new one here (hence the guarded username, if you hadn't guessed) and I've got a bit of my story for and and a question to you all that have come before me. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you are well!

So...

I grew up with gynecomastia through school and it never disappeared, I was overweight and I didn't know my extended chest was actually anything but a result of being fat. I lived most of my life with protruding breasts, which was a special hell for many years (bully nipple twisting, jokes, the whole 9...you'll likely gone through it as well--I salute you!). I've been living with a moderate condition for years unknowingly, until it was clinically defined about 6 years ago. I had a weird lump which ended up with me in mammography. It turned out to be a non-issue, but felt very emasculated in a waiting room full of older women at the time.

As a side note, I didn't catch it at first, I think I got a bit of a "welcome to the club" from the nurse when we discussed the results. I took her comment of "that's just how they are sometimes" (paraphrased due to memory) as a passing pleasantry, but thinking back I think she was telling me "you have boobs and this is normal/not uncommon for us with boob ownership".

I have been happily married for 17 years and I have "minimized"/hidden myself from my wife in that time, wearing t-shirts to bed (including during sex), because I was insecure. I'm quite positive the shirt-tenting was obvious and the anxiety was caused by my head instead of my chest, but I felt like I needed to exude masculinity as a married man and breasts are definitely not part-in-parcel. That said, my wife has never shunned or shamed me over all these years--much to my infinite gratitude, even though I was blind to her acceptance of my appearance (she married me, duh!). I won't go into our relationship, there is nuance and privacy to which text will not avail, but it was during the past year that I ended up in a bra in our bed for the first time. I never wore it outside of that situation, I never thought I'd needed it--it was perhaps only a fetish thing, right?

I've gone through being fat as an adolescent, to incredibly skinny in my late teens and twenties, to athletic through my 30s, to now more of a dad bod and ever with the chest. I've never been as overweight as I was in my teen years; I went from a size 36-38 jean to 32x32 in my 20s. I held onto that 32x32 gut and gams until the pandemic. During the past two years my sportsing halted when my team disbanded after nearly two decades as a participant. I went up to 33" waist. So here I am now, a little heavier, but not by much. I can still wear those 32 jeans, but suit slacks are a bit of a non-starter ;D. I have felt that my chest is larger (due to the increase in weight?), but suddenly in the past week or two I started feeling something I hadn't since I was in my teens: a tingling in my breasts that is like a persistent tickle. So sensitive was my chest that t-shirts rubbing against it was aggravating the feeling. I remembered back to high school, sitting in biology (of all places), with this feeling and the only way to keep it at bay was to press against my nipples. Today, I notice a little tenderness/pain at the nipple (if squeezed) and itching generally around the breast occasionally.

So here's where the question comes in, to you all who have walked this path before me, do these sensations infer growth? Now that I'm in my mid-40s and not getting any younger, is it time for a decline in testosterone and an increase in breast tissue?  I naturally understand that internet diagnosis isn't a reliable thing, but it's been so long since I was a bullied overweight kid in school and I just don't remember if the sensations were a precursor or are simply a fact of being the "owner of a pair". Any thoughts are appreciated.

Many regards,

NRH

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:54:25 AM by notreallyhere »

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I'm the first to reply, but probably not the best person to answer your question - I just wanted to say G'day, and welcome you aboard! 

Your story sounds very similar to several other people here, so you WILL find what you are looking for here. It already looks like you will gravitate towards the 'acceptance' part of the forum rather than take the surgical option, and there is plenty of support (pardon the pun) to be found there. I don't know how much you lurked before writing, but you will find plenty of good advice, and more importantly, reassurance. Deeper issues are often discussed, such as the other effects that hormone imbalance (if that is what has caused your gynecomastia) has on your very psyche, and what constitutes crossdressing. Keep an open mind and you'll be fine. :)

Online taxmapper

Simply put to the question at the end. 

The sensation (I akin it to microscopic pop rocks going off under the skin) usually indicates growth.   

Though each person is different in their own way, I would expect more growth for you.  

notreallyhere

Thank you for the responses, Tax and Aussie. My apologies if my words read negatively, that was not their intent. I feel like I may have already transgressed, perhaps if only for the long read. :)

aboywithgirls

Hi there 🥰🤗.

I also had pubescent gynecomastia which never regressed. I began developing around 10 years old. I was wearing hand me down bras from my sister which my mother had me try to deal with my gynecomastia. That was almost 40 years ago. I am also a woman of transgender experience. Large breasts are a family trait. I have never had any HRT of any sort and I am a 36H in most of my bras. 

BTW,  my Empreinte Cassiopie is still my favorite bra that I only wear for special occasions. 

Sophie ❤️

notreallyhere

Hi Sophie!

Thank you for sharing that with me! I was never big enough for a bra (I think) as a youth, only just now exploring support as the jiggle was starting to be noticeable (along with the other aforementioned issue).

My wife liked the Louise Lace in Marine (deep purple). Looking at the Cassiopie, it's quite elegant!

aboywithgirls

Hi Sophie!

Thank you for sharing that with me! I was never big enough for a bra (I think) as a youth, only just now exploring support as the jiggle was starting to be noticeable (along with the other aforementioned issue).

My wife liked the Louise Lace in Marine (deep purple). Looking at the Cassiopie, it's quite elegant!
The Louise Lace IS a gorgeous 😍bra too. The Cassiopie was more comfortable. My wife bought it for me to wear to work on my first day as Sophie. I only wear it for special occasions. 

Sophie ❤️

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
My story is much like yours, so I can fully relate. I think hormonal changes with aging are inevitable, but you should have a while to go yet. Like you, I tried to hide my obvious assets from my wife. I can't put anything past her, so I don't know why I would even try. Finally, I confided my insecurities and body issues. She not only understands, but I think she enjoys my boobs. She's okay with me wearing a bra. My situation is much improved with openness. Yours may be, too. Best of luck!

Offline gotgyne

Like you, I tried to hide my obvious assets from my wife. I can't put anything past her, so I don't know why I would even try. Finally, I confided my insecurities and body issues. She not only understands, but I think she enjoys my boobs. She's okay with me wearing a bra. My situation is much improved with openness. Yours may be, too. Best of luck!
Lbrown, hiding is never a good idea. I've read of people (men and women) who tried to hide their ostomy from their wife/husband for years! Your wife is a jewel. Don't hesitate to go on! The support (no pun intended) of the partner is essential for success!
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

notreallyhere

My story is much like yours, so I can fully relate. I think hormonal changes with aging are inevitable, but you should have a while to go yet. Like you, I tried to hide my obvious assets from my wife. I can't put anything past her, so I don't know why I would even try. Finally, I confided my insecurities and body issues. She not only understands, but I think she enjoys my boobs. She's okay with me wearing a bra. My situation is much improved with openness. Yours may be, too. Best of luck!
Glad to hear your positive experience, LB!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024