Author Topic: folded nipple after surgery  (Read 13317 times)

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
Its been nine days and my right nipple looks as if its folded on itself so there is a crease down the middle and not completely circular.  It was worse two days ago so i believe its getting better with each passing day the right chest was the larger one so more tissue or fat as removed via ual. Other then this my chest looks great. Anyone else experience this?

FYI. I had puffy nipples with gynecomastia I believe and the doctor said since I'm in my early 20s I don't need a lift as my skin is elastic enough. He was right it did lift up nicely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:04:53 PM by Ps3touch »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
mine were folded but sort of filled out within a few weeks look fine now

Offline babu

• Posting Member
i am 2 weeks post op ...my right nipple is is still folded...  :( ... and looks wack..
how many more days do u think i should give time for it to come to normal.....

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
realistically it could keep changing over 6 months but mine was around the 6 week mark that i noticed it was going it has come and gone a little depending on heat etc i wouldn't draw any conclusions until your scar tissue clears up.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
i needed a revision to fix my crease.read my post under the canada section "surgery done with lista"

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Bro, it is very early still.

After my surgery, my left nipple was a bit indented especially when I flexed. I started seeing improvement after a few weeks and now nearly 12 weeks later it's almost perfect.  Another thing, if you still have some fat on your chest and there was lipo done around your nipple, the nipple will have less fat relative to the area surrounding -simple solution, reduce the fat in the other areas.  This is one of the reasons it's a good idea to get the surgery at your ideal body fat %.  Just relax and reassess in a couple months, im sure it will be much better  ;D

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member

I'm 19 days post op, my left nipple is folded aswell. It hasn't improved during these 19 days but i sure hope it will.

DrBermant

Its been nine days and my right nipple looks as if its folded on itself so there is a crease down the middle and not completely circular.  It was worse two days ago so i believe its getting better with each passing day the right chest was the larger one so more tissue or fat as removed via ual. Other then this my chest looks great. Anyone else experience this?

FYI. I had puffy nipples with gynecomastia I believe and the doctor said since I'm in my early 20s I don't need a lift as my skin is elastic enough. He was right it did lift up nicely.

9 days is very early after surgery. 

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Such issues are better discussed with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
that doesnt help really they are just links to your site and almost as if you copy and paste standard responses.  I'd like to know why this occurs and how common of an occurance it is.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
that doesnt help really they are just links to your site and almost as if you copy and paste standard responses.  I'd like to know why this occurs and how common of an occurance it is.

lol i see your point, however a doctor is very busy and u notice that he does make a personal short comment at the start an experienced plastic surgeon is telling you "9 days is very early after surgery"  why? because its too early to judge your result and its normal for your nipples to look weird creased etc at this stage.

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
yeah i agree. that's all he has to say then if that's the response he wants to give.

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
Did your nipples ever get unfolded?  I'm 8 days post and mine left nipple is a little folded.  I know it's early.  Just curious about you.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15911.0

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
Hmmm.. I wonder why most of the time it's the LEFT nipple that gets folded...??
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

Offline rickk

Hi noob, I got it done by Dr.Fielding also 3 weeks ago..

My nipples are puffy and inverted right now, I hope the puffyness will go away and not have inverted nipple.
inverted nipple is ugly :(

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Skin  (and areolas are skin structures!) will always tighten after surgery.  But right at the operating table, the skin can be loose.  That is why care must be exercised when the initial bandages are put on.  The patient's arms should be stretched over his head, thereby stretching the chest skin flat and taut.  Then a very snug compression garment is placed on the chest with the arms still overhead. 

This maneuver has helped to minimize this problem post operatively in most cases.

In cases where one does have a horizontal crease, sometimes gentle massage with the arm stretched over the head can help.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024