Author Topic: BORED  (Read 1789 times)

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
So i am 1.5 weeks post op and really bored.  I am pretty much back to normal as far as everyday activities, but no golf, no fishing, no real fun is allowed.  What did you guys do to keep busy after surgery until you were allowed to start doing active things again?

hammer

That is the problem I face every day with being disabled!

It is time to read those books that you always said that you would read!

Study something that you thought that you might like to look into, like a hobby that takes up a lot of time to study for testing, like Ham radio.

Take an on line course.

Just pick a word, goggle it and see what that leads to in your research. You may be surprised at you things you can learn by doing that!

But most important, find some fishing shows to see if you can get some new tips!

Good luck, I wish your good and fast recovery!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Well i did watch the PGA championship the last few days. 

Maybe i will look into getting my real estate license.  Ive always thought about doing that.

Thanks for the ideas and the good wishes. 

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
I got pretty bored by the second week too.  I just kept telling myself to take it easy and not do anything physical that would jeopardize my healing and final result.  Hey, at least the olympics are on tv.  I have to agree with Hammer as well, read some books!  Best of luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Are there no Museums where you live? I could get lost for days in a good Museum.
Grandpa Dan

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
my gf got my skyrim for ps3 and played that non-stop while i healed. started walking the second week and that seemed to speed up healing

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Never been a big museum guy.....not sure why, Plus I am in pittsburgh so we have the warhol museum but Ive actually never been! 

I did start walking the other day. Ive read posts where ppl say it does help in the healing a bit to move around. 

While the olympics are over.......Shark week has just begun haha

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I grew up in Los Angeles and an hour on a bicycle would get me to a Maritime museum at the harbor or a Planetarium and Observatory in the other direction. There was also the Southwest Museum with Native American artifacts and exhibits. Closer to home were the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry.

With all that around me, I grew into a Museum junkie. At the age of 75, I am still a Museum junkie. Some people that know their way around LA will probably realize that I have left out several good museums. Sorry if I omitted a favorite of someone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024