Author Topic: Those who have bad posture  (Read 3959 times)

Offline JohnJones

I have developed bad posture with slumped over shoulders throughout my teens in an attempt to make this shitty problem less noticeable.  

Over the years, I have got my weight under control and now weigh what I should.  Of course, the gyne is still present, but it's not as bad as it once was.  

I have noticed that it is almost impossible to maintain a correct posture.  People make comments to me about standing up straight, but I simply go back to my usual stance once I stop thinking about it.  It almost feels unnatural to stand straight up.  

Any opinions on how to correct this?  Anybody else have a similar problem?  Do you naturally begin to stand correctly after putting effort into always making sure you have good posture while standing up?

Thanks

Offline cookie

• Posting Member
  • Anger due to gyne.  Seriously.
I had the same problem till high schoool, sadly, it was in high school when I started to get my problem (gyne)...

The solution, when you're standing, like, anywhere, just stand straight up... try standing against a wall and put your back up straight, but don't put your head all the way bck, just close, that's where you should be... pull your shoulders up so your blades aren't sticking into the wall...

just whenever you're standing, try to stand straighter... eventually it'll become natural.  One other thing that's helped me is playing guitar standing up.

hope that helps

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
My posture was pretty bad. My nickname was Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame). I'm kidding.

As my posture worsened, I found more difficulty breathing too.  My breathing was very shallow.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 07:54:21 AM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024