Author Topic: Cost of Sue Thistlewaite with insurance? Are payment plans an option?  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Sambanova

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Considering finally getting surgery some time soon after years of gyno related anxiety causing countless self esteem issues. Being from Melbourne I'd definitely go with Sue Thistlewaite (due to the loads of great reviews she has on here), but I'm wondering if anyone with experience can tell me how much theirs eventually cost all up with insurance, and is a payment plan possible?

I only have 4k at the moment, and I understand its around 5k or more with insurance. You would think that surely a payment plan would be possible but i haven't heard it mentioned so i have my doubts. While paying it all up front would mean id just have to do some more saving, a payment plan would really make life a lot easier. Does anyone have any experience on this, even if not with Sue?

Offline zikan

• Posting Member
Hey mate, I just had my surgery done today.  Everyone involved in the procedure were phenomenal. I couldn't ask for a better experience. It makes a real difference when the staff are so great. I am yet to properly assess my results but I'll keep this forum updated when I can.  

As for costs well just briefly:

Consult: $175. (Medicare will pay approx $70)
Compression vest and socks: $121
Sues Surgeon Fee: $3750 (Medicare will pay approx $760 plus my health fund will pay approx $250 towards this cost)
Anesthetist: $1050 (Medicare and my health fund will contribute a small amount. I am guessing about $200. But I'm not sure)
Hospital: Nothing out of pocket. But it's approx $2700 (completely covered by my health fund.)

So I paid upfront: Approx $5100. I expect to get back around $1200+ From Medicare and my health fund.

Please bear in mind that these fees do fluctuate from patient to patient. But you are safe to use this as an estimate. Check with your insurance provider whether they will cover the cost of day surgery at the Linley clinic. I have pretty basic cover with HCF and they are covering more that expected!

Good luck!! I already feel so happy about my chest and wearing a t shirt.  Couldn't recommend Sue and her staff more! I flew down from Sydney for it. So I had added expenses!   But well worth it!

Offline zikan

• Posting Member
Sorry, as for payment plans: I did ask briefly about this but I was told that payment plans were not available. But that was a while ago. So please give her reception a ring to double check this. 

Again, I did see another surgeon prior to Sue and you can't compare. The reception (Bernadette) at Sue's rooms spent more time and care with me over the phone than did the initial doctor I had a consultation with in Sydney.

;)

Offline Sambanova

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response man, from the sounds of it 4-5k for such a life changing procedure seems completely worth it! Now it's just about coming across that money up front, I may have to finally get a credit card! I look forward to hearing more about your results :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:13:37 PM by Sambanova »

Offline adelaideman22

• Posting Member
I've sent Sue an email but still waiting on a reply.

I'm from Adelaide an was considering the same, Did you have to fly to Melbourne for a consultation first or could you send photos? I'm worried about getting time off work twice to fly to Melbourne. How long was it until you were able to fly back to Sydney? How many days did you have to stay in Melbourne?

I got a price from Adelaide and the cost seems to be around 4k, so for an extra grand or so it will be worth coming to the best.

Please keep us updated.

Offline zikan

• Posting Member
Hey mate, You need to see her for a consultation. For the operation. And for two mandatory post op appointments. And 1 follow up.

So I flew down and returned to Sydney on the same day for the consult. Do it with jetstar price match guarantee so you get the cheapest flight possible

I would say you need in total about 5-6 working days not including recovery time. Although I had my operation yesterday and I already feel able to go back to work (office job).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024