Author Topic: Letrozole Treating Gynecomastia, 2.5mg per day was prescribed, Any thoughts?  (Read 55606 times)

Offline Doolin224

Ok I have been to the doctor multiple times, finally she has prescribed Letrozole, it has been decided it is not the fatty tissue but the true medical condition gynecomastia, or the hardened lump underneath the nipple. How long should the treatment take along with lots and lots of excersize? I also posted this so others could approach Letrozole, i know how hard it is to deal with this stuff guys, hang in there

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
There is no cure to gynecomastia besides surgery. Get in shape and save money for a good surgeon.

Offline vc2928

• Posting Member
never heard about this, my doc said only surgery can fix this....

Offline person2345

• Posting Member
i'll be very interested to find out your results from this. i've heard of a few cases of patients with mild gyne or puffy nipples having some degree of success with taking these kinds of drugs. nowadays its surgery or nothing and everyone just leaves it at that. ive had gyne since i was about 13 and are nearing the end of puberty and i am worried it will not go away naturally but im not so sure i want to go for surgery anytime soon.

Offline xelnaga13

The only success stories Ive read involved the use of letrozole immediately upon the onset of gyno symptoms.

Letrozole is popular in the steroid community as the MOST potent anti aromatase drug on the market.

The side effects of letrozole are profound and long lasting. It will crash your estrogen to near 0, leaving you with no sex drive, sore joints, and dry skin.

Additionally, the absence of estrogen will trick your body into producing more testosterone. So when you stop letrozole your system will be primed for estrogen rebound. In some cases rebound can leave the user worse off than when they started.

In simple terms all letrozole will do is take estrogen away from the receptors on your gyno tissue... The longer you've had your gyno the less likely this mechanism of action will have any positive effect.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

P.s. 2.5mg ED can only be described as obscene.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Don't take that medicine, and find yourself a new doctor. She's setting you up for failure, whether she knows it or not...
Xelnega is correct.

I presume she also didn't measure your E2 in the first place, which is blindly assuming you have an abundance.

The only thing that sounds promising, however I just started reading about this, is to apply DHT cream on the chest. I doubt it would work, but to me it makes a heck of a lot more sense than this approach.

Offline TheEnglishOne

• Posting Member
There are many studies to suggest that nolvadex i.e Tamoxifen citrate has either compeltely shrunk the tissue or improved it by 75% in teens and young adults but letrozole is generally used when bodybuilders want to quickly block anyform of estrogen , because it will most likely give them temporary gyne if they dont use it.

Offline xelnaga13

There are many studies to suggest that nolvadex i.e Tamoxifen citrate has either compeltely shrunk the tissue or improved it by 75% in teens and young adults but letrozole is generally used when bodybuilders want to quickly block anyform of estrogen , because it will most likely give them temporary gyne if they dont use it.

Correct. I believe the study concluded that effectiveness is limited by how quickly the medication is given. You would be hard pressed to find a doctor who is willing to write a teen in the middle of puberty an RX for either one. 

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Anastrozole is among the more popular or sought after AIs among people using (or abusing) testosterone supplementation.  Tamoxifen is not really an AI but a blocker of estrogen in certain places (like breast tissue). As mentioned many times, in males who have established long term gynecomastia, neither will be helpful. However, if there is an on going issue of excess Estrogen these can help prevent issues.

What is your medical issue?

Offline Doolin224

Hey guys, So almost 1 year later, taking Letrezole, doing great, it has improved a lot, completely gone? maybe not but I have been on an intense exercise regiment around the time I started taking it. To be honest there may be no cure besides surgery of course, I think only the exercise has decreased the size. I've learned to live with it and putting on a lot of muscle mass it doesnt bother me anymore. I hope everyone else is doing alright. Good luck everyone

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Despite what people might say here letro will get rid of gyne if it has only just started. If it has "set" then you have no chance. I tried it as a last hope before surgery and as expected it didn't work, but my brothers left nipple begin to go puffy and had a large lump behind it, I gave him the rest of my letro and after a week it had gone.

Yes when you come off it you will get estrogen rebound so you should taper off letro while introducing tamaxifen.

There is a drug to take with letro to combat the reduction in sex drive I think its called nolvadex.

Offline chestquest

• Posting Member

Yes when you come off it you will get estrogen rebound so you should taper off letro while introducing tamaxifen.

There is a drug to take with letro to combat the reduction in sex drive I think its called nolvadex.

Nolvadex and tamoxifen citrate are the same thing. Nolvadex is the brand name.  Do not combine Nolvadex with Letro, only after, to help with estro rebound.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
My apologies its been a while since i used this stuff, i used letrozole and dostinex together, i tapered up the letrozole and back down, the doxtinex helps with sex drive. then to help with estrogen rebound once i had tapered off letrozole fully i used nolvadex starting at full dose then tapering down after 2 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024