Author Topic: what to tell people afterwards?  (Read 7400 times)

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I'm feel as if I'm getting conflicting info here.

Tonysoprano, you seem to be implying that surgery is not a final answer at all, and often numerous surgeries are required.

I don't understand what you mean by a 2 phase journey. If someone gets a successful surgery then that's it, they are gyno free. Unless they didn't  get checked out by an endo then chances are it's not coming back for them. So what would the 2nd phase be? I assume you mean waiting for it to heal?

Bambu, I'm not trying to be negative but the reality is we're all in a very negative situation. Not only do I see some posts where people are dissatisfied with surgery, I see many people who claim to be happy with their results still posting here and it makes me wonder. I realize they might just enjoy helping people out, but I wonder nevertheless.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005

If there were no Post-Op'ers on this Site, who could Pre-Op'ers talk to about having surgery to remove their Gyne? It's very comforting to be able to communicate with others who have gynecomastia and those who had gyne, and have experienced the removal proceedure.
b]

Agreed, this is the main reason i felt comfortable enough to do this procedure, how to get started, who to go see, what to expect...i am forever grateful..

i will stick around after i have the surgery, i think this board is great, being alone or thinking that your the only one suffering is a misconception that i lived too long with...

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I'm feel as if I'm getting conflicting info here.

Tonysoprano, you seem to be implying that surgery is not a final answer at all, and often numerous surgeries are required.

I don't understand what you mean by a 2 phase journey. If someone gets a successful surgery then that's it, they are gyno free. Unless they didn't  get checked out by an endo then chances are it's not coming back for them. So what would the 2nd phase be? I assume you mean waiting for it to heal?

Bambu, I'm not trying to be negative but the reality is we're all in a very negative situation. Not only do I see some posts where people are dissatisfied with surgery, I see many people who claim to be happy with their results still posting here and it makes me wonder. I realize they might just enjoy helping people out, but I wonder nevertheless.

Im saying that while a single surgery can give one person a result they are happy with, many people require more than one to achieve a result they are happy with/can live with, whilst there are people with gyne cases so severe that one surgery is never enough to create a normal-looking chest; then there are those that get lipo only when they really need excision and vice versa, etc. -

in 2 part journey .. Im saying that while the hardest part for most people is makeing the decision to operate, and then arriving at surgery and getting it done, it still continues to be very hard for others(like myself) after having surgery to realise that there is not a great-looking ideal chest the day or week or fortnight after an operation. Healing and evolution of the final result can take many more weeks-months to evolve, and this can be a very emotionally and mentally draining and stressful time in itself

hope that clarifys it

... and the saga continues

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Yeah I see what you're saying.

This is why I'm going to demand for the doctor to take out as much as possible, so I get it right the first time. I don't care if I have a scarred chest I just want to look normal with a T-shirt on.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I don't care if I have a scarred chest I just want to look normal with a T-shirt on.

Right on Brother! That's all I wanted from surgery also.

However, from what I read on this Site, many (younger) guys are looking for a 'perfect' chest so they are able to strut around the beach topless looking like their buddies. There a thing called 'having ralaistic expectations of surgery results'. Meaning..... surgery will remove the Gyne but most likely you will not have the same chest as you would have had if you never had Gyne at all.

My chest is not perfect. The LHS is a tad concave and the RHS has a hard lump just below the areola which I am told, will go away with time. Also, my RHS areola is a tad puffed out which may be a result of the hard lump. Not a 'perfect' chest but I knew going in that it wouldn't be perfect. However, like you, all I really wanted was to be able to wear just a T-shirt and not be stared at and or teased.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Bambu, there's no reason why these aforementioned "younger guys" shouldn't have aspirations such as strutting around on the beach with their shirt off.

That's what it's all about! Get the best surgeon, do everything to the book.. there's no reason not to have such expectations.

I know I did. Then again I can see why this may not be applicable for people with more severe cases.
etc.

Offline beigedickies

• Posting Member
Actually my friends just assumed I lost wake because of the surgery... like that the surgery was so intense and that I was so exhausted after the surgery that staying in bed for a couple days made me lose a lotta weight.

It sorta makes sense because people do lose weight if they get extremely sick or something.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024