Author Topic: message from desperate: how to solve my biggest/longest problem of puffy nipples  (Read 4069 times)

Offline depressed_kid

hello i am 23 and have history of steroid take because of some sickness called Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).

i have some not-normal breast mass and ALSO my nipples are puffy i.e. they are in shape of A and are NOT shrinked. it has ruined my life and crushed all my confidence.

anyhow, i have noticed that when my nipples become normal (i.e. they shrink (they shrink wen i take bath, run, or squeeze and press my breasts, and sometimes in morning when i wake up), my overall look on shirt becomes stable and i do not feel shy any more.

my question is how can i make my nipple stable like this constantly? are there any exercises or special diet for it?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The changes that occur in your nipples are due to a thin muscle that is present only in the skin of the areola (the darkened skin surrounding the nipples)  When the muscle tightens, it diminishes the diameter of the areola, provides some wrinkling of the areola and pushes the tissue beneath it down and into the breast-- thereby making the puffiness look temporarily better.

This is a normal and physiologic process -- the muscle tightens due to temperature fluctations, emotion or physical stimulation.  There is absolutely no way to control these changes -- no surgery, medication, injection, etc, will do anything.  Some guys try to deal with it by using super glue -- but chronic use of this can result in some skin irritation or worse. The only way to improve puffy nipples is to have the excess tissue beneath the nipples surgically removed.  After surgery, the areolas should then lie flat with the contours of the surrounding skin.  But after surgery, your areolas will exhibit the same physical changes as described above, just as they did prior to surgery.

There are no exercises or diets for this condition -- sorry.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline depressed_kid

thanks for your reply doctor.

but i am bit confused, once you say that it has no remedy not even surgery and then you say that surgery can improve it?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry if I confused you.  Surgery can indeed remove the puffy nipples -- so that they lie flat on your chest.  But surgery cannot change or stop the normal physiologic processes of areolar shrinkage and relaxation -- that will still occur even after surgery.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024