Author Topic: gyecomastia from starvation and refeeding  (Read 3880 times)

Offline J789

• Posting Member
ive been reading that gynecomastia is sometimes caused when men go through periods of starvation and then begin eating again.  Does anyone have any information on this? can this gynecomastia go away in time?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
haven't heard of this one, starvation can change the way your body stores fat however

Offline J789

• Posting Member
anyone else have any insight on this? i would love if some doctors\surgeons would weigh in too

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
the only thing i can say is that once u start eating a ton after not eating for a substantial period it would make sense to see a rise in test levels that were low from poor nutrition and estrogen could rise with it. I doubt one would develop gyne from it though. Why on earth are you starving yourself and then refeeding?

Offline J789

• Posting Member
nah im in no way starviing myself but i was dieting around the time my gyne started and i was eating significantly less and had a less balanced array of foods, but again, not starving.  anyway, ive been seeing "recovery from starving\malnutrition on many lists of causes of gyne when i search on google and stuff and thought maybe this could somehow explain why my gyne sprung up out of nowhere about 8 or 9 months ago. (i was 18 then, 19 now)

DrBermant

ive been reading that gynecomastia is sometimes caused when men go through periods of starvation and then begin eating again.  Does anyone have any information on this? can this gynecomastia go away in time?

There are many medications / drugs that can cause gynecomastia.   There are also many other causes of gynecomastia

Starvation plays havoc with the body including the endocrine system.  Refeeding starvation gynecomastia is something that can happen.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gWpFxda09oAC&pg=PA155&lpg=PA155&dq=starvation+refeeding+gynecomastia&source=web&ots=f_OCbY1DvM&sig=tU-W5fI88zme6w7LpE46MyOn0mw

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024