Author Topic: 11 months gone !!! -- How long still I have to wait ???  (Read 17869 times)

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
When I am in next time, I will definetly ask him, why left side is always a problem than the right. And I am sure he knows about this blog. If not, I will let him know that all your patients feel this way. There has to be a good reason as he is the good doctor arround here for Gyne.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:59:36 PM by Give me Life »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
  That's strange that the results are so bad. How far down does Fielding lift the skin?  My doc says he lifts the skin well below the chest so everything can re attatch according to your new look.  I don't know how much of a difference that makes but maybe if the skin remains pinned directly under the chest your body will just assume those empty pockets are a good place to store fat again. Men have a lot of attatchments holding the skin firmly in place. Women have less which is what causes cottage cheese thighs. Wearing the vest should keep this from happening though.

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
I am positive that my left side is a bit bigger then my right and always has been, so after reading this thread I will be asking that a drain be put in the left side only, even though i will have both sides done. I will probably not get this surgery done by feilding which i have been planning to for a few months now if he doesn't agree.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey State, to be honest, i doubt that the drain thing will really change something and i dont think you should choose a doctor based on that assumption. but hey, that's just my two cents...
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
its not an assumption as i am positive the drain will change something to what extent i don't know, but from a personal experience someone i know had gyne surgery done locally on his left side only(his right had no problem) and the day after surgery he was tanning in the backyard shirtless(bad idea i know), he showed very minimal signs of bruising but he had a drain coming out of his left pec which he had no problem talking to me about. He had been seeing all sorts of white stringy fiberous gland coming through the drain about 2 bulbs i think and his girlfriend also metioned the long white strands not to mention im sure it helped with swelling and recovery.

Also why would i choose a doctor based on that, i decided to go with fielding some time ago for many reasons and had/have confidence in him and his decisions. I just stated that from the experiences ive been reading in this thread i will "probably" not go through with the operation unless he agrees to my one term.

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
what happens to the gland and tissue that get's ripped up with lipo but doesnt come out? I actually meant to ask about that a while ago. Is it like a plant that after being ripped out will dry out and decompose or does this stuff stay in there and resituate itself and continue doing what it was doing before?  Obviously it's nice to get all the dead tissue out with a drain or by the doctor during lipo but it sounds like your assuming if the "strands" don't come out through a drain then they'll be in there forever. I would have assumed your body would gradually break it down and get rid of it the same way it does with the swelling.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Now it's almost a year. 11 months gone but it's moving  other way. He told me that as time goes by, my skin will shrink and will atteched to the body but not that happening. In fect, my size is getting bigger day by day (since I would say 7 months). I am going to call him to see him again and see what he says ???

Seems like, Dr JCF lost his golden touch !!!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey GML, i'm having surgery again in a month and a half. so i know what you mean but i dont think its right to say that fielding lost his touch. i think its just the reality... a surgery like that cant always go as planned. i still think Fielding is a very good surgeon and the fact that a few surgeries did not work is not a sign that he is no good
but i feel you my friend... i surely do!!

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Brebguy:

Totaly agree with you. And defiently, will go with him for rivision (if require) for next time. He is the best, doctor wise and the person wise as well. I fully trust him but may be he need to suck more fat on first place in my case. Well, that's life and luck. But I must say that this is my first summer after surgery and in my 36 yrs. of life, this is first time, I am enjoying the summer never before. Only thing, I can't go out on beach without shirt. May be next year. But else, enjoying new life. All thx to JCF.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
its been almost 3 months for me, and my gyno is already back. the nipples are puffy again, so i would say I have 0% improvement because now the nipple more tender than it used to be and it becomes more noticable when im wearing a shirt.

Im seeing fielding again, but im pretty sure hes going to tell me to wait another 6 months or so to book for a revision.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I have booked an appointment for Oct 1st. That will be more than a year time after my surgery. Let's see what he says. If revision, will go for it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024