Author Topic: Surgery Blog with Pictures, Video, and Tips (Minneapolis)  (Read 20344 times)

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
***UPDATE 12.10.08***

1 MONTH POST OP PICS

Still pretty numb in my chest.  I'm starting to feel some minor pain and other sensations internally so that's probably a good sign that I'm going to get feeling back.

I'm concerned with my left nipple.
  You can see from the pics that it kind of protrudes where the cut was at the bottom.  It seems swollen and has been since the surgery.  I'm hoping that this will go away with time.  My doctor cut a bit into the actual nipples AND cut along the bottom of the nipples.  I'm not so concerned about this but hopefully it will look normal eventually.  He wasn't supposed to do this, but I bet during the surgery he needed to get more space to work inside.         

Any thoughts?

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
***UPDATE 12.18.08***

5 Weeks Post-Op

Left nipple is bothering me.  I hope it's scar tissue.  Anyone have this happen?  You can see from the pics that my left nipple is kind of bumped out.  Hate it.  I'm seeing my doctor in a couple weeks so hopefully he has some insight.  I'd rather not get cut open again.

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
***UPDATE 12.24.08***

6 WEEKS POST-OP

Left nipple still has a bump at the bottom.  I think it is scar tissue though.  I'll only be posting monthly picture updates from now on, as not much is changing week-to-week.  I'm wearing the compression vest only at night for 8 hours now.  I'll probably stop soon.  Peep the pics!

THOUGHTS?

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
Recovery is going well.  I'm putting NewSkin Scary Therapy gel on twice a day to help minimize scarring. 

I'm seeing my Plastic Surgeon in 3 days for the follow-up appointment.  I think I may be getting a little feeling back in my chest skin, which is good.  I'll post more pics next week.

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
***UPDATE 1/8/09***

8 WEEK POST-OP VISIT WITH PLASTIC SURGEON

I met with my plastic surgeon this morning.  Everything is looking great, save for some of that minor stuff going on with my left nipple.  He told me to give it 6 more months.  If there is still excess tissue he will remove it under local anesthesia then. 

I'm only 2 months post, so he wants to give it some more time to finally heal to see what happens before potentially operating again.  This is exactly what I was hoping for so I'm thrilled. 

Overall he did a marvelous job, and I would recommend him without reservations.  If you are in the Minnesota area, PM me for more details or post on this board.  This was a comfortable process for me because of all that his office had to offer.  The staff was very helpful and understanding. 

I'm going to post updated pics later this week.  I'm getting some feeling back in my chest skin but not around the nipples.  It's a slow process but I am 100% happy I did it. 

Final cost to me was around $1,500 after insurance coverage.   

Offline guyfrompuebla

• Posting Member
wel id really like to see some updated pictures of your chest please, im going to have my surgery on the first of june 09!!
im excited!

Offline BlueBomber

Hey jls187 -

This may be a long shot since the topic is so old, but I figured I would give it a try anyways.

I live in Minneapolis, right next to the park Nicolette clinic that you mentioned in fact! I am curious if I need to first go to a clinic to see a general physician, or whether I could directly contact the plastic surgeon you mentioned.

I am also curious as to which doctor had to deal with your insurance company to get them to pay for 80% of it - the clinic doctor or the plastic surgeon?

Thanks!

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Great writeup of your experience.  How'd the final results turn out?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024