Author Topic: Dr. Anantheswar - HOD,Dept of Plastic & reconstructive surgery MANIPAL Bangalore  (Read 65626 times)

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
All blood tests should be done atleast 2 days before surgery preferably on an out patient basis.
so by that i conclude that i can do it a week before the surgery, am i right?

I was confused bcoz hospital ppl didnt mention this clause to me

they have given me papers containing:
1) Haematology (complete blood count)
2) biochemistry routine investigation (bun, creatinine, electrolytes)

on your reply i will decide if i go for tests this weekend or 2 days prior to surgery

nd keep asking doctor or any nurse in the clinic about each and everything dont hesitate
  I have this uncanny habit of asking questions, but i guess Kusum was pissed of with my constant questions  >:(
however Will remember your golden words

ciao
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
Yes Haematology ( complete blood picture / count)

and Biochemistry (serum creatinine and electrolytes

They both can be done maximum 1 week  earlier than surgery date)

But then again they will have to punture your vein  and poke your finger tip 2 days before surgery to do a BT/CT ( bleeding time clotting time) and prothrombin test.

I'ts better to have the haemogram and serum creatinine electrolytes  reports received early.

Go ahead do those tests....  1 week prior to surgery. It shouldn't be older than 1 week ..otherwise they will make you repeat the tests..and they cost alot if done @ manipal laboratory.

yeah and About KUSUM. Shes little snobby and bossy. but I dont care .....Dr. Sushmita is so beautiful ( did you see that fair girl) was she around when you went. i was feeling embarrassed as she was staring at my moobs and pulling out   the drains....guess you gotta be thick skinned sumtimes :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:53:05 PM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
bloregynecomatia,

Gr8 to hear that u are doing good ......
Regarding the drains .... I think doc put drains only if they think drains are really needed ......
I heard so of the best docs in US (reading from posts here) dont used drains ......
Before surgery my doc told he will be using drains .... but after surgery I was bit dizzy and when he came to meet me .. i said again .... he might have felt not to bother me  and might have told that he used drains ......  Again Iam not sure (he said the drains are inside the bandage).... we are not Docs ... they know wht exactly they should do ..... If they think I wont be oozing fat ... then they wont put drains ...
DR.Ramachandra is one of the only guy from south india certified by ISAP (International society for Aesthetic plastic surgeons) and got lot of experience ...... Gyne surgery is noting for them .......

Neway .... Iam extremely happy with the results .... my chest looks completly flat ..........

Regarding the compressing vest ...... there is catch .... if you are using "baniyan type" vest ... someone has to help you out to put the vest on ( as velcro is on the back side ) .....
Iam using a vest which is rectangular strip like one ...... so i can stick the velcro from infront of chest ... so I doent need anyone to help me to put on vest .... I stay alone.... so its best for me ....
My doc said If I need "Baniyan type"  one .... someone has to come and take measurements of chest and prepare a custom made vest ........    My vest costed me RS 500 ... Doc suggested me take 2 vest ... so that I can wash one and wear other ......

Surgery done on 18th April 2007
(Lipo+gland excision)
Surgeon: DR.Ramachandran
Pre & Post op pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moobs_sucks/

• Bronze Member
Ok Ok    :) Heil  Dr.Ramchandra. Happy now.

I know he one of the best PS beyond doubt both in qualification and experience.

But you should be careful when you post sumthing. You words made him look like a LIAR. so be careful next time when you post.

About the compression vest yes. Both have positive and negative. 2 to 3 friends (of Moobs sucks) noticed the  "rectangular band" Rs. 500 vest.

None of my friends (we eat laugh,walk talk , hug)  together noticed my  "Baniyan type" compression vest. :D

So now its upto our Fellow reader to decide which one they want. Rs. 500 Rectangular band one ,  or a  Rs. 1560 Baniyan type "Pure cotton with multi stretch technology" type one.

Our argument is extremely helping benefit our readers. So that they have power of knowledge to make good/ suitable choices and decisions. Dont you think so ???

hey whats the procedure to get promoted to a bronze member ?

I hate seeing "junior member" status under my profile. After all didnt I take pains  spending  so much effort and time to help members/ readers here ????

I'm only asking for my earned right ? or am i asking for too much????
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:19:32 AM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member

But you should be careful when you post sumthing. You words made him look like a LIAR. so be careful next time when you post.

This is what i said when I saw your drains ... and I repeatedly said thay I may be wrong  as drains are not dangling out ......... (check my previous posts).

Hmmmm ..... looking at your pics, I think my doc havent used drains. I asked him repeatedly about the
drains ... he just said  they were inside the bandage..... may be he said just to make me feel confortable......

Even my colleagues havent noticed for almost one month .... but when they touch the velcro side ... they will get to know  ;D
Hope this will not the case with you ...... 8) .........

Post pic of your chest without vest ...... and take a close-up photo of nipple area ... just want to check how the cut has been made ......

BTW ... how may puctures has been made for liposuction ... for me 2 on each side .....

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
whoa guys, take it cool, all is well that ends well, by the way you people have really contributed a lot to this forum.....keep the good work going.....

Post pic of your chest without vest ......
i too want to have a look  ;)

but when they touch the velcro side ...
what is a velcro, is it that zip kinda thing?

I hate seeing "junior member" status under my profile.
yeh u deserve a bronze, im clueless abt the procedure except post more  ;D

so you both started with gym? swimming or you have to wait?

Hey bloregynacomastia if i m correct you had your drains removed on 5th day and stitches on 9th post op right? when did u start work?
keep posting here, any new insights......

ciao

• Bronze Member
I took one week off starting Monday 4th June. I was back in office on 11th June Monday. Hey buddy you can go back to work the very next day itself if your work isnt of any physical type. If your a software guy or a BPO/ Call centre worker you can go to work. But i chose not to because the drains were on and ppl would ask abt them.

So technically I could go back as soon as the drains were removed. But since I had already applied for  5 business days off. i enjoyed my Thursday and Friday roaming around. saturday i went shopping  and Garuda mall.

Those shitty drains put me under house arrest for 4 days. but I must say they were very helpful in draining excess fliuds oozing out and facilitated super fast healing.

My nipples have semi -circular cuts on the lower side circumference of the nipples. the stitches are out but the nipples aren't picture ready. Once the crusty dry blood covering is off the wound the scar blends into the nipple color. Since i'm a little fair, the scar will be visible for more than 6 months or so till it fades into the nipple and surroundings.

i'll post my nipple pics after they look little presentable maybe a week or to later.

If you are chocolate brown "South Indian skin"  with dark nipples then scars wont be visible at after just 1 week .

I havent gone swimming still dude.Relax....... Still time lolz. You want me to do everything now only?

Swimming involves using chest muscles. So it's Forbidden for 30-45 days atleast after surgery.

Gymming with heavy weights is strictly Forbidden for 90 days also.

Use of treadmill can be immediately done 10 days post surgery.

Keep in mind that lifting any weights or doing any activity involving or overworking the pectoralis (Chest) muscles should be avoided.

Limited activities like carrying weights less than 3kgs upto shoulder height should not cause any problem or injury (again subjective to every patient his musculation and stress  bearing levels.)

Wearing T- shirt and going out was a very big thing for me and I've done that  Its enuff for the moment.
 ;D

Can anyone explain to my friends what a velcro is ? I really dunno how to describe it. Its that sticker kind of material that comes with one end little hairy with fibre and the other with small plastic like micro-bristles. when put together they close and lock with each other. Bah Sorry thats the best I can do to describe VELCRO. Anyone else can help explain it ???? :-\
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:53:00 PM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
Wearing T- shirt and going out was a very big thing for me and I've done that  Its enuff for the moment.

Yeah..... same case with me ...... all these years I havent gone out with T-shirt (except few times with loose baggy T-shirts)  ... but for the first time when I came to office after surgery .. I wore T-shirt and everybody was astonished and got many compliments 8)........  I was such a great releaf ...... the next weekend I went for shopping and bought 4 more T-shirts ...  fed up with wearing Loose shirts .........

Before surgery whenever I ride on my bike ... moobs used to be visible very clearly when shirt sticks to chest due to force of wind .... it was very very very embarassing  ??? ??? >:( >:( .......BUT now everthing changed ......... LIFE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful now ......

Hope every one of you guys will become gyne-free sooon and njoy life .........

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
I have a few pics to share with you. I wanted to have a record of my before and after pics.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/

mine is also a case of PAL+Gland excision

bloregynacomastia, i can fully understand what it would have been being poked and ridiculed, I guess that is the way society is.
I lived in mumbai, when i was first ridiculed, I was in my coaching classes and a batch mate pressed my moobs. I knew this guy well and we have been friends for some time now, sharing notes etc..... I was taken a back, but cudnt understand what he wanted to do...then he asked a guy sitting next to him to touch my chest.....at age 16 this can be most embarrassing thing that cud happen. after a six month ridicule and insult when i was given a choice of my higher education i chose a college 2000Km away, living in hostel was what attracted me. But i was clueless of the repercussions of my gyne, no one talked at my home regarding such things. I will say mine is a little conservative family. I suffered like hell in college. I was ragged and fortunately there was no gay in our college. My seniors stripped all of us, when they saw my boobs they were like what the F*@#, some seniors were sympathetic towards me, some were real assholes.  i was called all type of names.I contemplated suicide lot of times, but my fighting spirit got better of me always. After 1 st year, just before i was to go home for vacations, One fine day one of my batch mates  sees my boobs with my shirt on, he said your boobs are bigger than your girlfriend.....
since then i started my journey to find a solution of this whole mess, This weekend I have my surgery scheduled and hopefully all is going to be well. All my adult life has been effected by gyne, to a limit that, what ever happens to me i balme my gyne.

This is my side of story, would keep you updated on my progress.....

Ciao

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
Everybodys story is similar to you .... we all had suffered alot ............ entire teen age life is runied b'cos of this fucking moobs ........
Thankfully we have a solution now ......... We should thank moderator of this site ..... without this
we never had come together and shared our experiences .........

All the best for your surgery ...... keep updating .....

• Bronze Member

Hi guys,

I wanted to post my 20 days POST OPERATIVE pics.

Actually my chest is still swollen a bit. So I went to Dr. Anantheshwar. and he prescribed me a gel called " THROMBOPHOB " - Heparin percutaneous therapy.

I have to massage my chest with this gel twice daily for 10 days..I used it for 2 days now and the swelling has come down drastically.

As I always say a picture is worth a thousand words. So I end here .

PS. The pictures are of my chest as of today's date.

Also observe the swelling in MY RIGHT Boob.( in picture left side). It is darkish color below the nipple area. The swelling in MY LEFT boob has come down drastically. When I asked doctor about how long maximum you think the swelling will take to completely vanish . He said a maximum of 3 months.

But the way I'm recovering he could estimate just 1 month more from today.

Observe that there is NO CONCAVITY in my Chests upon observation. The reason is the nipple area tissue and skin  is slowly adhering to the space between the Pectoralis (Major & minor) muscles. THe compression vest is doing its job perfectly in that sense.

This post was made just to :
A) Satisfy the eyes of Curious readers to see a bare chested pic post surgery.

B) To Relieve Mr.Problem man of his " Paranoia" about Concavity after 100% gland excision. Note that I have "No visible Concavity" even after 100% gland removal.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
hey bloregynacomastia,

the areola size, did it change from pre op to post op? Did you ask any question abt that, my surgery got postponedby 2 days, as doc is going on leave that day, i guess the big man up there wanted it that way

if u have seen my pics in the link, i have similar size of areola, and its very soft to touch, though i didnt talk abt reducing the size of areola, i would really want a smaller areola......

do you have scar tissue that causes pain?

ciao

• Bronze Member
Yes, My Areola seems to have shrunk its slighly crumpled in looks.

But my AREOLA WAS NOT REDUCED BY MY SURGEON.

If you want to reduce your areola through surgery, then YOU SHOULD ASK DR.ANANTHESHWAR personally as it is not a part of the gynecomastia surgery procedure.

It will need special pains to fully cut out the areola, then slice it circularly into a smaller areola and then stitch the full areola back to the chest.

It reminds me of Art n crafts class  :o.  Cut out modify and paste back.

Highly not advisable.You would have terribly visible scars after that.

But no harm of asking Dr. Anantheswar.

Yeah I came to know from him (last tuesday) that Your surgery is scheduled for Next week...

The scar tissue is PAINLESS.  The swelling is slighly sore upon pressing it or massaging it .

Happy surgery dude.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:43:36 AM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
hi  bloregynacomastia, looking at your post-op pics,  i still see some swelling in your chest around areaola..  somewhat looks plumpy.. is it fat or swelling? will it look totally flat???

one more question regarding compresison vest:
I want to try compression vest before surgery...I can confidently go for surgery if it wont be noticieable...  Am not sure how to place order for that.. about the size, they will come to your house and measure?? or i can tell medium or large?? how do i pay.. would they send it by courier..?

Thank you,
TOny.

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Yeah, even i see some puffiness around the left nipple in pic19. is it loose skin? then wearing the vest might help, it might look better in a few months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024