Author Topic: Gyne or puberty..  (Read 2571 times)

Offline lockmore99

• Posting Member
I am 16 and have had puffy and large nipples since i was around 12 years old. I am currently 5 feet 8 and weight 13 stones. I am wonering if it is just puberty or just because i am overweight?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude.... you only need to post one message...  ;)

You have had your G for more than 2 years, more than likely, it will not go away on its own... Sorry my man...  :-\

You say you noticed your G when you were 12... yeah, that sure sounds like pubescent onset to me...

13 stone at 5'8"... yeah, you could loose a stone or two... Don't count on it solving the G issue though...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Dude.... you only need to post one message...  ;)

You have had your G for more than 2 years, more than likely, it will not go away on its own... Sorry my man...  :-\

You say you noticed your G when you were 12... yeah, that sure sounds like pubescent onset to me...

13 stone at 5'8"... yeah, you could loose a stone or two... Don't count on it solving the G issue though...

GB...

What Grandpa said...that's why we're lucky to have him here. :)

If you're 16, then chances are it will not go away at this point....I mean look at me as an example...I had surgery when I was fifteen. However, people do mature at different rates....

Keep us posted,
-Eric
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Loosing weight is always useful, but in the vast majority of gynecomastia it will not take care of the problem completely.  In terms of age, most plastic surgeons prefer not to operate on adolescence unless they are having severe emotional problems from the gynecomastia or it has gone on for more than 2 years and not likely to go away.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024