Author Topic: Bras for a man after prostate cancer surgery  (Read 2210 times)

Offline SteveInMyBra

I am a male, over 6 feet tall. I was 165 pounds.

For some years our family doctor had monitored my fluctuating PSA and treated it.

Over a year ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. In loosing my prostate I would have no testosterone and my estrogen could produce some breast growth.

After second and third opinions I was operated on about a year ago - radical robotic prostatectomy. The chief surgeon said I would be on the table 2-3 hours but it was 4.5 hours. He said I would be in the hospital for 1 or 2 nights. Afterward, he said it was the largest prostate he had ever seen, and I was there 2 nights.

A couple of days later to the clinic for a checkup, remove catheter and drains, everything was fine. The next day, horrendous complications, emergency admission to the hospital and emergency CT scan that was inconclusive, then a contrast CT that found an enestimosis leaking in the 6 o'clock position, followed by several procedures, another catheter and more drains, and 10 days complete bed rest in the hospital in which I gained 11 pounds (and some more since).

My breasts have been growing and I have been diagonsed with gynecomastia. Over time not only have I come to accept it, I like it ! ! !

Them ! !

My twins ! !  Love them ! !

As my weight has increased things have shifted around some. I'm 181 pounds, some of it, hopefully, Holiday weight, and I'm trying to loose.

My PSA in about 5 tests since surgery is 0.01 or 0.02 - basically not there.

I'm now wearing 34C bras and loving it ! !  I have appointments scheduled with an endocrinologist and a plastic surgeon for information and want to consider growing them.  My twins ! !

I would appreciate any comments, and my twins and I are looking forward to a Happy New Year and a long bouncy life.

hammer

I'm glad to hear you have accepted them, as far as liking them, now that's a personal choice, but I've had to live with mine for a lot longer time and they are larger too, so I in no way can or will ever say I like them as they are a pain in the ass, or should I say the chest, shoulders, back and neck!

Sorry to hear about the health problems, as I've been dealing with multiple ones myself since the early 90's. I lots my testicles after a vasectomy and with having gynecomastia from a young man the breast just continued to grow and grow. Now at 57 I have 46H size and no I don't like them, however I do accept them and have no plans for surgery.

I do have surgery scheduled in March for my back, it will be my 3rd back surgery and my 8th total, 2 of them being total knee replacements, I do not fear surgery just can't see any reason to cut off the breast when I so much more important things to have surgery for!

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to find out what kind of bras work for other guys. I had all kinds of different trials and errors until my wife and I went to a formal fitting. Best thing that I ever did!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You do not indicate your age. 

Boys and younger men seem to see the condition more as a source of alarm. 

Those of us who are older are either ambivalent or accepting of the condition. 

I have had the condition since the age of 12 when the family Doctor said they would "go away" in a couple of years.   That was in 1949, and I am still waiting.

Seriously, they have at times been a minor source of embarrassment, but for the most part it is not of any major concern.  Some guys have found that they can be rather erotic.
Grandpa Dan

Offline SteveInMyBra

Grandpa Dan, I LIKE the erotic ! ! !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024