Author Topic: a couple of concerns  (Read 2621 times)

Offline rok69star

• Posting Member
well hi all   i had my surgery about 3 weeks ago everything smooth lipo and glands except for a horrible itch that went away  thank god!

but I'm beginning to feel that my chest is getting bigger slightly
and the vest wasn't too tight after the first week
so how important is the vest and how does exercise affect any growth after the surgery
thank you very much

Offline Henry

• Posting Member
well hi all   i had my surgery about 3 weeks ago everything smooth lipo and glands except for a horrible itch that went away  thank god!

but I'm beginning to feel that my chest is getting bigger slightly
and the vest wasn't too tight after the first week
so how important is the vest and how does exercise affect any growth after the surgery
thank you very much
post op swelling and/or scar tissue forming is the likely cause of your chest getting bigger. My doc recommends massaging the area (using Bio oil) in vigorous circular motions as this helps break down the scar tissue. This is assuming the area is not too painful to touch. I'm 17 days post op and the area is now quite numb, so i have started massage. Very lumpy & hard tissue under the skin.
BUT, you need to keep the vest on 24/7 for the 1st 2 weeks. If it's not tight enough, get another smaller one. After 2 weeks, use it night or day for another 2 weeks. It's using this that readheres the skin to the muscle underneath. without it u will be left with sagging skin, so very important. I wouldn't do any upper body exercise until at least 3 weeks post op, but building up your pecs will add contour to your chest. the gyne won't come back !!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024