Author Topic: What should i tell my friends?  (Read 3963 times)

Offline patsdude14

• Posting Member
I'm going to have surgery in a few weeks, and although i'm excited, I don't know what I should tell my friends.  I'm not going to be able to participate in any physical activity, and I don't know what I should say. :-\

thanks

Offline BMB65

• Posting Member
play off a knee injury or somethin ....i just layed really low from everyone i know for 3 weeks although that might be a hard thing to negotiate

Offline patsdude14

• Posting Member

Ya it'll probably be hard as i'm in college and i'm going back for winter break, so  i really have to see my friends.  i was thinking about maybe faking a muscle tear in my chest? or like a hernia?  I really don't know at this point

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
tell 'em you had to get some lymph nodes removed from your armpits that were tender and wouldn't go away otherwise

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Just tell them the truth, they're your friends.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Say you had cracked ribs, so surgery was the way to fix it. Or....you had breasts and it was pissing you off so you had a surgeon chop them off for you.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you are too embarrassed to tell your friends what your surgery was actually for, tell them that you had surgery to have one/two (whatever the case may be) 'benign lumps' removed from your chest (not far from the truth). If they say "OMG!!! Was it serious?", just tell them no, but your doctor recommended that they be removed.

Problem solved!!!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
patsdude14,

if i were you i'd just tell them the truth, after all, you're not going to have gynecomastia anymore ;).

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My first recommendation is to identify if you want to be truthful with the person who is inquiring.  If it is someone who loves you and in whom you trust, then go ahead and tell him/her -- there is no shame in having this surgery. 

On the other hand, not every one needs to know everything that goes on in your life.  If someone happens to ask casually why you are wearing (some type of) a compression garment, the best answer is that you injured a rib (a fall, an accident, a slip) and you need the garment for a few weeks to minimize the pain.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline strato

• Posting Member
last night a friend of mine was telling me about a girl. While he was joking about the situation he punched me right at my left nipple and I am only 3 weeks post op! It was a soft one actually but God!..it hurt like hell!..I couldnt utter a word and couldnt even make a sound. I dont know maybe it is better to tell a few of your friends... ???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024