Author Topic: Financial assistance/grants for flights?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Toll91

Hey all,

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I'm from Vancouver, and I'm considering going with Dr. Fielding in Toronto. I just spoke with the very nice assistant on the phone, and she mentioned that some people this year have been able, somehow, to get either free or partially subsidised flights over to Toronto due to it being a medical trip - does anyone know anything about this? Or know what I'm talking about at all?

I'm begrudgingly okay with paying for two round trips + hotel + surgery on my own, but any bit of help would help, of course! :)

Thank you so much!

Offline stillnothappy

Be careful with Fielding, hes not as great as some people say. If you do plenty of research you'll see that a lot of people end up needing a second surgery because he doesn't remove enough gland. Considering you'll spend a lot of money on this and you wont be able to go back to him promptly if something goes wrong make an in depth search for surgeons in Vancouver, there's probably a good number of them.

Offline Kelbersson

Be careful with Fielding, hes not as great as some people say. If you do plenty of research you'll see that a lot of people end up needing a second surgery because he doesn't remove enough gland. Considering you'll spend a lot of money on this and you wont be able to go back to him promptly if something goes wrong make an in depth search for surgeons in Vancouver, there's probably a good number of them.

I second that.  My surgery  with Dr. Fielding wasn't that great. My expectations were higher then what I have got, I was so disappointed. He recommended a  second surgery which will cost me more then 2000$ (I have already paid 3500$ for the first one). 

As "stillnothappy" said, you might find some great surgeons in your area. 

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024