Author Topic: Underwire  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Busty

How many of you prefer underwire bras?  What has been your experience buying and wearing them?

I find underwire bras to be more comfortable and fit me better.  When I go bra shopping, I find that sales associates often tend to steer me away from underwire bras, I think because I am male.

Guywithgirls

I 100% prefer underwire. I have a few wireless, but I hate how they tent to push my breasts flat and encourage the crease under my breast to get hot and sweaty. I prefer the lift of an underwire that helps keep me nice and aired out

Guywithgirls

And with a properly fit underwire, it is just as comfortable to me as a wireless

Offline Johndoe1

When I first went for a fitting the fitter brought up soft cups but I said I wanted an underwire and soft cup was never brought up unless I asked. I prefer underwire most of the time.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Busty

When I first started wearing bras, I mentioned to a bra fitter that I was new to bra wearing.  She brought me wirefree bras to try on, saying that once I was used to regularly wearing a bra, then I might want to try underwires.  I liked how she just assumed I would soon and forever after be regularly wearing a bra.  The wirefree were just OK, so she had me try an underwire.  I loved it!  She was very pleased.

Offline Johndoe1

Bustymale, my experience was similar in the fact that after that first bra, my fitter also assumed I would be wearing a bra forever as well. As a DD/DDD, that's just assumed. And that has pretty much been the case. I have worn a bra everyday since and the count is now into years.

I really do not like the feeling of being unsupported. As I have found out first hand, just like with women, being braless draws attention to my chest and is uncomfortable, physically and mentally as well. I lack confidence being braless. I am hypersensitive is anyone looking. I don't like the feeling of the unsupported weight hanging and moving on my chest. Every step. Every body movement, Newton's Third Law of Gravity takes effect on my unsupported bust. This is a feeling I have discovered is the same with many women as well. They would rather feel the bra than feel the weight and movement. They may complain about wearing a bra, but they won't be caught dead not wearing one. It's just what you do if you have mammaries. I have heard many women admit, they don't really mind wearing a bra. It gives them confidence in their appearance and helps them create the look they are wanting. And many can't imagine going through the day without wearing one.

aboywithgirls

I won't leave my house without wearing an underwire bra. I am a 36H UK sizing which is a 36J US. I am wide rooted, narrow set and FOB. My girls definitely grab your attention. Even when I was still presenting male, I wore an underwire. I started wearing underwire bras when I was 16 and have worn them ever since. For me, the shape and support that I get from an underwire bra is indispensable. 

It's a matter of comfort for me. Like John mentioned, if you have boobs, wearing a bra is just something that you do. If you have bigger boobs, usually wearing an underwire bra is something you do. 

bikerbob

I may be in the minority here, but I wear both.  Most of the time I wear pullover leisure bras because they are easy to conceal under a shirt.  I have as much boob under my arms as I do on my chest.  The pullovers don't lift and shape like an underwire but they do keep things from moving.  When I notice another guy with gyno, it is usually because they are jiggling.  I find that the pullovers give me adequate comfort and support, even for activities like mountain biking.

On the other hand, after over 4 years of wearing bras daily, I am finally getting comfortable with underwires.  When I stuff everything into an underwire, I find that I fill up a C cup so I am definitely into underwire territory.  I avoided wearing underwires for a long time because they make me project more, but as somebody else pointed out here, once you get past a B cup, people know you have boobs no matter what you are wearing so you might as well accept and enjoy them.  Also, I get kind of a perverse satisfaction out of catching women whispering and sneaking furtive looks at me so I know they have noticed the girls.  It is always the women who notice.  People who have breasts notice other peoples' breasts.  I do.

Personally, I think underwires are for "advanced users".  Guys who are about to try out their first bras don't need underwires, they can start out with something easy to fit and conceal like a sport bra and ease into an underwire once they get comfortable and confident. Once you get over the notion that everybody in Home Depot sees your bra, you can take the next step.

Confused old man

I’m a 40c, I wear pullovers and sports bras. In reading a lot of comments on underwire bras....I might just have to try one

Online 42CSurprise!

I love the comment about a C cup being "underwire territory."  I never bought a wire free brassiere, perhaps because I encountered some of you on another website with a thread about men wearing brassieres and read with great interest what you were experiencing.  Add to that the fact I have interest in the aesthetics of it all.  Wearing a sports brassiere holds no more interest to me than joining a sports team.  I want an attractive brassiere that does a great job holding my breasts and looking good while doing it.  Looking at photos shared on this website, I'm inclined to believe I'm not alone in that.

What surprises me is how different brassieres can be in terms of construction.  As a former construction inspector such things interest me.  My favorite has a delicate underwire frame that pulls everything together but doesn't draw attention to the frame.  That leaves the unlined, unpadded cups to work their magic.  What a way for a group of men to hang out together... talking about our brassieres...  LOL 

I thought I'd add a photo of the brassiere that is working for me...  The Lilyette Keyhole Minimizer.  I'm learning how to use my smart phone and this small mirror came in handy.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 03:30:25 PM by 42CSuprise! »

Offline SideSet

I generally find underwire more comfortable and I love the shaping and uplift. Plus better support

OutdoorGuy76

I won't leave my house without wearing an underwire bra. I am a 36H UK sizing which is a 36J US. I am wide rooted, narrow set and FOB. My girls definitely grab your attention. Even when I was still presenting male, I wore an underwire. I started wearing underwire bras when I was 16 and have worn them ever since. For me, the shape and support that I get from an underwire bra is indispensable.

It's a matter of comfort for me. Like John mentioned, if you have boobs, wearing a bra is just something that you do. If you have bigger boobs, usually wearing an underwire bra is something you do.
What brand and style is that bra!? I want one!

Guywithgirls

If memory serves, I believe she posted a while ago with that one and said it was an Elomi Matilda. I just had to look it up when I saw it. I very nice looking bra for sure 👍 

aboywithgirls

If memory serves, I believe she posted a while ago with that one and said it was an Elomi Matilda. I just had to look it up when I saw it. I very nice looking bra for sure 👍
Thank you! And it was an Elomi Matilda that I was referring to. I also wear the Kim, Morgan, Charley spacer and Charley lace plunge as well as the Elomi Energize sports bras. I love the shape that most Elomi bras give me. They are a very good quality bra that I comfortably wear for 16 + hours every day.

aboywithgirls

Oh! 😍 Thank you so much for the proper pronouns! It's very appreciated 😍💋

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024