Author Topic: Does the tape measure lie?  (Read 2728 times)

perky

Im sure im getting fuller but I've measured the same for a year or more now.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Tape measure, shmape measure.

According to the tape measure I am a C cup, but in real life I can't fill a B cup. The tape measure also says that I have to wear a band size that would ride up over my shoulder blades.

Perky, is it possible that your body is getting leaner but your overbust measurement is the same? Are your bras looser in the band compared to what they were before? 

perky

Tape measure, shmape measure.

According to the tape measure I am a C cup, but in real life I can't fill a B cup. The tape measure also says that I have to wear a band size that would ride up over my shoulder blades.

Perky, is it possible that your body is getting leaner but your overbust measurement is the same? Are your bras looser in the band compared to what they were before?
I did consider that possibility. The bands don't feel tighter really but i guess its possible I've lost a little muscle mass at my back a bit higher where the over bust measurement is taken. 

Offline Johndoe1

Measurements are always starting points. Measurements say I should be wearing a 42C but in reality a 42C swallows me. I wear a 38DD/DDD in reality.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Kazmage

My measurements say I am a 22B but I am actually a 16DD 

perky

Measurements are always starting points. Measurements say I should be wearing a 42C but in reality a 42C swallows me. I wear a 38DD/DDD in reality.
I get that but my measurement has been the same for quite some time but im sure Im getting fuller. Maybe my tape measure is stretching LOL.

perky

Hmmm.... I dont understand how you are measuring yourself but ive seen your photo and I can believe you are a DD but the band size is the part I dont get? 

Kazmage

Hmmm.... I dont understand how you are measuring yourself but ive seen your photo and I can believe you are a DD but the band size is the part I dont get?
I don't either maybe my tape measure was stretched or I didn't do it properly I don't know I was once told by a female friend I wasn't a DD  well she was wrong and when I told her she replies " your bigger than me * lmao 

Orb

I haven't found a tape to lie.  I have found I miss read or measured improperly.   Then there's the fact that not all manufactures finish with the same uniform size product.  I have even found the same bra but different color to be a size off.  I think its in the cut and sew of each garment.  Point is try them on.  They are all different. 
And yes our bodies do change with our diet and water retention.  Size is just a number, the fit is the guide to comfort.

Offline SideSet

My under bust measurement works well for my band size. And the difference between around the fullest part of my bust and my band measurement works well for my cup size.  if you do the over the top of the bust measurement, that does not work at all for me, as it indicates a way too big band size. 

Having said all that, the measuring tape is just a starting point. Best to go in and get fitted and try on bras. You certainly do fill the cups of that bra you have on. Have you tried one cup size larger? I can see you high beaming right through the cups of that bra, and they are not even sheer😘

p.r.1974

I would echo my experience with measuring tape numbers seeming off being related to my error in placement and tension.

Your friend is not alone with having difficulty wrapping her head around her male friend having a larger chest than her. I believe than many of us have difficulty with "I can't be that big" regardless of location on the gender spectrum. Sometimes it is envy, but most often astonishment.

perky

My under bust measurement works well for my band size. And the difference between around the fullest part of my bust and my band measurement works well for my cup size.  if you do the over the top of the bust measurement, that does not work at all for me, as it indicates a way too big band size.

Having said all that, the measuring tape is just a starting point. Best to go in and get fitted and try on bras. You certainly do fill the cups of that bra you have on. Have you tried one cup size larger? I can see you high beaming right through the cups of that bra, and they are not even sheer😘
I seem to go those periods of high beaming for a few days then back to normal for a week or so. 

Offline taxmapper

Mine keep fluctuating between a size.  Right now I am holding steady at 49 inches at the bust, some mornings hitting 50 inches then receding back down to 49.  

But its been this way the hole time. 

Two steps forward, one back. 

perky

Ive noticed the same fluctuation too over the full bust but the band size seems quite constant. I have visible got bigger over the last year or so though even though the measurements haven't really changed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024