Author Topic: $2700 w/ Dr. Caloca in Tijuana  (Read 16211 times)

Offline crypt

I had the surgery on March 16th. My chest is completely flat now. Dr. Caloca excized the glands, and did lipo around the chest for even contouring. It looks great. There's minimal bruising. I took the drains out myself about 30 minutes ago.
There must have been a foot of tubing up there on each side. heh. It was a little uncomfortable.
We drove down to TJ the day before I had surgery, and stayed in a very nice hotel across the street from Dr. Caloca's clinic. That night I checked in with his office, and had blood work done. The next morning I went in for surgery. We talked with the anesthesiologist  first. Then I put on my gown, and was wheelchaired into the operating room. The last thing i remember is the anesthesiologist putting in my IV. I woke up in a very nice recovery room.
We made it back across the street to our hotel room, where we ordered room service. I took 2 bites of my dinner and threw up in the ice bucket. After I puked I felt so much better that I finished my dinner and crashed out on the bed. We spent one more night at the hotel, then drove back to Phoenix.
It was a much better experience than I had expected, and I couldn't be happier with the surgery outcome.
Dr. Caloca said he removed about a pound of tissue from each side, about as much as he usually takes out of both sides of the chest on most patients. He said I had very large glands which were spread around my big chest.
I would recommend Dr. Caloca for this surgery to anyone here.
-C
Oh btw- anyone know how long it'll be before i get feeling back? My nipple area is completely numb..

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
A few weeks. Post some pictures.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Is it just me? Or do all of the Dr. Caloca threads sound like they are being written by Caloca himself, or someone on his staff, to try and drum up some business?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i was thinking that too...

they're all written the same way, they all talk about the exact same thing

(a) how easy it was to get across the border
(b) check in at the hotel across the street
(c) go for blood tests right away
(d) have dinner that night
(e) go back the next day for surgery
(f) go back to room
(g) check out, have the check up and get back across the border easily

they always turn out perfect, no complaints, even if he is really good, there is always something to complain about, nothings ever really perfect every single time

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
they always turn out perfect, no complaints, even if he is really good, there is always something to complain about, nothings ever really perfect every single time

I guess for Dr. Caloca they do!!! Since, even if something did go wrong (like you DIED!!!) there isn't a darn thing anybody could do about it.

My advice... Keep your $$ in the good old USA or UK 8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:07:53 PM by STILLgotIT »

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Ever think that people are always concerned about crossing the border so they want to hear stories about it to be safe?

Well obviously Stillgotit, you should go see him, I don't see your condition improving since you got the wrong thing done to you.

And besides, this was the first person who got his done, and he's happy.

http://personal.linkline.com/eons/gyne.html

I'm sure if Dr. Caloca wrote these himself he would have written more stories than just about 2-3 since this guy's story seems more legit than ever and he is listed on plastic surgery boards.   I myself will go to him and prove to you that this is legit.  So wait till august.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 10:11:32 AM by temp_user »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Well, my point was regarding the lack of recourse if something went wrong (not referring to not enough gland being removed, rather dying on the operating table or infection, etc.).

I'm not saying that it is not possible to get a decent op from a a Mexican doctor. But, understand that you have no guarantees of safety when you go to Mexico. You are literally "betting your life" that it will turn out okay. In the US or UK, you are betting MONEY and INCONVENIENCE.

For those in the US or UK that haven't had the intended result it is very common to get a free revision from their surgeon to complete the deal.

Honestly, I would rather go to Vaio's doctor in the USA for $100 more that Caloca charges... but that's just me.

Please let us know how it goes in TJ.. and don't forget to NOT drink the water down there  ;)

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Understandable.  But you always run the risk anywhere.  You can get as easily mugged in the U.S. as in Mexico.  

I concur about the ride there and such, and I've thought about it.  But for the price and how much time I spent on it i'm not going back on it.  I mean me and Dr. Caloca have exchanged 8-12 e-mails since august 2004 and he's been kind,  generous, and thorough.  But yeah, definately I worry about one thing, my money being robbed of me when I head there since it's all in cash.  

I mean if you don't trust the Dr. himself...look around, I haven't seen any bad reviews at all, and i'm sure if someone died because of his practice, surely he wouldn't be a plastic surgeon for this long.  I think i'll be alright...I will definately be cautious at all times and go to him with the money first to not get it lost in the hotel due to misfortunate instances(i.e. i sleep at a hotel overnight and wake up and the money disappeared.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 06:56:25 PM by temp_user »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
put the money in your shoe while you are crossing the border until you get to his office and pay. keep about $60-100 in your wallet in case you get pulled over by a policia and they promise you that you ran a red light that didn't exist and bribe you out of your "ticket money."  ;D

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
if he is always perfect than congrats to him...

it's cheaper because there's no malpractice insurance, there is no recourse if he seriously messes up and decides to do nothing about it..

but i guess that's irrelevant if he's perfect right...

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Hah, gotcha.

No one said he's perfect, we just never heard a bad story about him.  He's good enough in my book and very knowledgeable when I e-mailed him.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
first of all, as a fellow sufferer i would like to say i'm glad you had a good experience

with that being said, doesn't it scare you a little bit that if anything happens down there, you don' t have the same recourse..

to me it's like buying a final sale item, you buy it, good price, if anything goes wrong with it, too bad, you saved money, that's the risk u take, i'm not saying he wouldn't fix or do a revision, but say god forbid something really bad happens on the operating table, or you have an allergic reaction to something...that kind of stuff happens even in the best of conditions in all countries i'm sure, i'm not saying he's more prone to it, but his ass is covered no matter how it comes out right...

Hah, gotcha.

No one said he's perfect, we just never heard a bad story about him.  He's good enough in my book and very knowledgeable when I e-mailed him.

Offline crypt

what the darn guys, you dont believe me?
i was refused insurance here in the USA.
the PS i saw wanted $5000+ for it, so i investigated the Dr. Caloca thing, and at $2700, i decided to go for it.
I saw the pictures of the other guy who went to tijuana for his surgery, and they looked real good.

My results are fantastic. I AM flat chested now, I used to cover my chest with ace wraps, bandages, tape, extra shirts.
After the surgery Ive only worn Tee shirts. White tee shirts, at that. I even change my shirt at work sometimes.
I feel great now. If you read my first post here, you'd know i was pretty messed up =).

Just like the post from that other guy, I tried to detail minimally how i got across the border, where i stayed, etc..
because i know some people are apprehensive about going to a foreign country to have their surgery.

Hey- I coulnt pay the price the surgeon wanted here in the  US. I wasnt even impressed by his pictures he showed me.
This guy wanted to do some omega-technique he called it, where he cuts outside the areola. and he said he wouldnt remove fat, only gland. all his pictures showed craters in the patients chest. I didnt want to look like that, so i went looking elsewhere. And when my insurance papers came back saying DENIED, I made an appt with Dr Caloca.

I wasnt scared about going to mexico for my surgery. the doctor has a ton of experience. he treats many people from the usa. The "mexican gynecomastia oddesy" post looked like things went really well, and that guy was really happy, so i went for it too. I couldnt be happier. In fact, ive
been so happy i havent bothered to come back here for a month or however long its been.

I only wore my compression vest for like a week, and i couldnt stand it anymore so i took it off. everythings fine. I have scar tissue under the nipples and below the areola and a little more under my arms where he did lipo.

I'll post some pics when i get my mothers digital camera.

dont be so skeptical guys
If i had any complaints i would have posted them, for sure
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 04:38:37 PM by crypt »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Congrats...

if it weren't for the skeptics (which i was one of earlier in this thread), no one would ever question anything..

glad to hear your surgery went well, and if anything this thread confirms that everything is on the up and up (which is a good thing)...

Offline temp_user

• Posting Member
Yeah, i'm really looking forward to mine with him.  By the way, any border problems taking the money across?  I'm not sure if you have to declare you're taking cash over there but let me know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024