Author Topic: possible craters???  (Read 3374 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
i had surgery around 3 months ago and as of around 2 months it seems that there may be a slight cratering effect when lifting the arms or flexing my chest....

has anyone had this experience?...it doesnt seem like much of a crater and isnt noticed when arms arnet raised or flexed chest...also when slightly erect there is no problem either

can it be rectified by fat injections?...i think my ps said soemting about this....still 3 months till my next chek up...should i see ps before then?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
hmm it can be normal for nipples to go inverted when u flex or lift ur arms high. pics? i noticed my dads do it the other day. maybe have a look at some bodybuilder flexing videos on youtube.

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I am about 9 months post op at this point and had the same problem.  In time it will get a little better but will probably remain a bit indented in extreme movements.  I had an appointment with my surgeon to talk about a possible correction surgery.  At 6 months I was still stressing over it, but right now it is hardly notciable and does not look bad so I canceled.  I am very happy with the results and walk around shirtless and stress free.  If I were you, I would give it alot more time, at least 10 months, and then see what happens.  You will probably still have the craters, but not to the point where it is now.

DrBermant

i had surgery around 3 months ago and as of around 2 months it seems that there may be a slight cratering effect when lifting the arms or flexing my chest....

has anyone had this experience?...it doesnt seem like much of a crater and isnt noticed when arms arnet raised or flexed chest...also when slightly erect there is no problem either

can it be rectified by fat injections?...i think my ps said soemting about this....still 3 months till my next chek up...should i see ps before then?

The skin sticking to the deeper tissues is a component of the Crater Deformity Defect. This can be part of the healing process or signs of a problem.  How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem treated, techniques used, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.

Showing others the problem with Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery typically demonstrates the issues.

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery can look terrible.  Check out this new page showing just a few of the horror stories I have seen.

Prevention is so much better than trying to fix such a problem.  My Dynamic Technique Male Chest Contouring permits me to target gland first and then use an artist's pallet of tools to contour the remaining tissue.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can help.  I typically prefer my Fat Flap Technique instead of a fat graft.  The fat flap comes with a blood supply, tends to survive better than a graft, and seems to be softer and moves better on animation.

Take some time to browse through the many examples of my work to see typical results of my methods.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline MSJ108

The skin sticking to the deeper tissues is a component of the Crater Deformity Defect. This can be part of the healing process or signs of a problem.  How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem treated, techniques used, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.

Showing others the problem with Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery typically demonstrates the issues.

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery can look terrible.  Check out this new page showing just a few of the horror stories I have seen.

Prevention is so much better than trying to fix such a problem.  My Dynamic Technique Male Chest Contouring permits me to target gland first and then use an artist's pallet of tools to contour the remaining tissue.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can help.  I typically prefer my Fat Flap Technique instead of a fat graft.  The fat flap comes with a blood supply, tends to survive better than a graft, and seems to be softer and moves better on animation.

Take some time to browse through the many examples of my work to see typical results of my methods.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

glad to see this can be "part of the healing process''. I am having some cratering 3 weeks post op and nervous about it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024