Author Topic: Surgery booked with Alex Karidis on 13th Feb 14  (Read 5488 times)

Offline N8712

• Posting Member
Not much to say other than I've been a long time reader of this forum and have read pretty much all the reviews on Dr. Karidis!

He said my case was a modest one but I'm still very apprehensive.

Wish me luck. :)
My views are my own and any advice I give is from my personal experience with gynecomastia and the surgery I had.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Congratulations and Best of Luck with your surgery! Let us all know how everything goes...

Keep in touch!
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline N8712

• Posting Member
Had the surgery today. It was a lot easier than I expected.

I told the anesthetist I would prefer a twilight sedation to which he said that it would be a much more difficult procedure. I said I was nervous about going fully under, so he said he could relax me with some propofol.

Once that was injected, I was fine with whatever! So I went fully under.

I woke up in recovery 60 minutes later with absolutely no pain just tired and nauseous from the GA.

Went back to my room, sipped some water and then had a nice lunch. I was given a painkiller to swallow and an injection in my butt cheek for the nausea.

I was discharged at 5.30pm. It's now 11.30PM and I feel fine, with no painkillers since.

The only problem I am experiencing is bending down to pick things up and this vest isn't comfortable, but once it's on you start getting used to it.

I had 9grams of gland removed from left and 10grams from right, with 150ml of fat removed from each side.

To anyone thinking of having this surgery done, Alex Karidis is the number one surgeon to go to in Europe. It cost me approximately 4700GBP but I believe it will be worth every penny once I'm fully recovered.

If anyone would like pics I'll be happy to post them.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Post some before and afters. Congrats:)

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Glad to hear of highly qualified gynecomastia surgeons on the other side of the pond. Gynecomastia truly is a subspeciality of its own and deserves dedicated surgeons and supporting staff.

Offline N8712

• Posting Member

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Awesome! Karidis always does a good job.

Offline N8712

• Posting Member

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Looks real good man. Bet it was a life changing decision! Thanks for sharing your story with me, gives me hope for successful surgery this summer.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Amazing. Looks great. My case is so bad that I would be happy to have your BEFORE situation after surgery. I'm still searching for an experienced surgeon in the Rocky Mountain area.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member

Offline N8712

• Posting Member
Thanks guys.

I'm sorry to hear that MammaryMan. I do hope you are able to find a competent surgeon in your area. Even though my case was moderate from a surgeons view, it still affected my self confidence to the point where I felt like I couldn't take my top off at the beach or wear a t-shirt too tight.

Keep us updated with your progress & good luck.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Hey how much time for recovery bro. N get in full fitness lift play cricket n all .m a professional cricketer with similar gynno n body as urs .please advice n let me know
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline N8712

• Posting Member
Hey how much time for recovery bro. N get in full fitness lift play cricket n all .m a professional cricketer with similar gynno n body as urs .please advice n let me know

The first week was uncomfortable, not much pain though, just tenderness and trouble sleeping as rolling on to my side hurt. I only required painkillers in the first 48 hours although, I think I only used them as I was told to use them. I'm sure I could have made it without them.

By the end of of week two I was able to take off my compression vest during the day which brought a lot of relief. Week 3-4 the bruising had completely subsided and I was back in the gym doing light weights.

Week 4-5 I no longer needed the compression vest and I was rapidly getting back to normal. I was doing much more in the gym and could do most things except wide grip pullups.

If your case is similar to mine and you choose a reputable surgeon like I did, I would say you could get back into playing cricket by around week 5-6. Sports like rugby I would wait until week 9-10.

I'm currently just over 11 weeks post op and I'm 99% back to normal, just some scar tissue (that I can feel, not see) which I am dissolving with regular massage and I think that should be totally resolved in the next few weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024