Author Topic: Zeltiq Coolsculpting  (Read 5581 times)

Offline artichokeheart

• Posting Member
Hi, I just had the 1 hour coolsculpting procedure on my right breast done in the suburban Chicago area. I had gyno surgery with excision and lipo 8 months ago, but my right side still didn't look right.
Now that there is no breast tissue this procedure should work to get rid of some of the remaining fat.
The machine is like a giant wet/dry vac that sucks up all your fat, holds it in place,  and then directs very cold temps that purportedly destroy fat cells that are then eliminated over a few weeks to months. 
I'm two weeks post, but I'm told I won't see full results for 3 months.
I was able to get it done free as my gyno surgeon just got the machine and was doing a day of training with it. Normally it's around $750 US or so, and thats probably for each side. Not cheap, but no scars and virtually no pain.
It's uncomfortable but not painful. Probably even less so for people getting love handles or another part done since there are no sensitive nipples. About 5 days after doing it I had a slight burning sensation that felt like chafing. It was gone  after 2 days and was really no big deal.
I'm a skeptical person, but I'm gonna be optimistic about this and I'll have pre and post pics up probably sometime in February.
Could be a good option for those with fat only gyno.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am well aware of Zeltique as a non-invasive treatment for fat.  It does work -- but minimally -- for many people.

I have not heard of it being used for gyne -- but would like to hear of your experience several months from now.  Keep us informed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline artichokeheart

• Posting Member
I'm now 2.5 months post procedure, and, unfortunately, disappointed. I haven't seen much of a difference in the size of my right breast.
I'm gonna continue to lose weight and I ultimately may end up getting a corrective lipo.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry to hear about your disappointment -- but I truly suspected that the results would not be great.

Best to go back to old reliable lipo -- you should consult your surgeon again for consideration of a touch-up procedure if he feels it would work for youo.

Dr Jacobs

Offline artichokeheart

• Posting Member
through a low carb diet I have lost 25 pounds, and I'm now closer to my fighting weight. With weightloss alone my left side looks perfectly ungyno, but my right has left something undesired. I think she owes me a touch up, which she has agreed to. It sucks that lipo hurts more than any of the 3 elbow bone arthroscopings I had when I was younger athlete. and the zeltiq was claustrophobic and uncomfortable in a strange way. I never held much hope, but I'm disappointed in one of the top surgeons in Chicago....it is not a surgeon mentioned in these forums.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024