Author Topic: 3 months post op... Still can't wear tight shirts  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Lanstan

• Posting Member
The nipple is still puffy and the bottom of my chest still sticks out far, I had gland removal and lipo...

Can I expect any change or do I need revision? Do they charge the full amount for revision or is it usually free or cheap? I paid $4300 for gynecomastia correction. I am still uncomfortable with the results so I didn't get what I paid for...

Sorry I just needed to rant

Offline Lanstan

• Posting Member
Crazily enough I looked great one week after the surgery... After that it was all downhill and now three months later I look the same as I did before

hammer

I have not had this surgery, however, many others. People need time to heal and any time your body is cut into it will take the time to recover! Everyone is different as to how fast they do heal so don't get to worried yet, as I have read that others said it can take a long time.

No one can put an exact time frame on it but time does heal all wounds!

Good luck,

Bob

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
i know how you feel. I am 4 months post op, and am now concerned that i have residual gland or scar tissue left over. my doctor said i should come back in 2 months, to reevaluate.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
The nipple is still puffy and the bottom of my chest still sticks out far...

Lanstan, you could be a slow healer. The bottom part of your chest might be your pec muscles that you're seeing, but I'm not sure since I can't see it.

I'm just past four months and sometimes my nipples, actually the aureola is puffy and sometimes it's not, and sometime I can feel scar tissue in the aureola, I can't see it, but I can feel it when i press down, but other times it's not there (or at least not noticeable to my touch). So I know that the area is still healing and going through changes.

I can wear tight shirts, but my nipples are still noticeable through the shirt, which is OK by me. What I don't have after the surgery is the boobs, which was really apparent before because you could see them jiggling around. Now, I have no more jiggle at all.  :D

As far as the cost of the revision surgery, I think it depends on the plastic surgeon. Some will only charge you for the money they have to pay the anesthesiologist, and will not charge a dime for their services, if they are the ones who did the original surgery, while others might reduce their charges. If you go to a completely different doctor, then they'll charge you full price based on how much further work must be done.

I hope your doctor will work with you until you are satisfied with the results.

Gemidude, maybe it is just scar tissue, which I hear they can correct with Kenalog injections. So far, I haven't had any scar tissue that's apparent to the naked eye, i.e. no raised scars like keloids or bumps or anything so I've been really lucky.

I did remember reading from another doctor, Dr. Bermant (who has since retired but was the gold standard surgeon for gyno surgery), and he wrote that he wouldn't do ANY revisions until 6-months have passed since the original operation because every thing is still in the healing stages. 

Keep us updated and good luck to both of you.

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
Its only 3 months, give it some more time. atleast 6-12 months before considering another surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024