Author Topic: Why try to remove gland whith lipo?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Please help me anderstand why some surgeons still try to remove gland for gynecomasitia and puffy nippels this way? I belive experiment cannulas are being developed but I cant find a good reason? I belived that the reason for going in through the areola was to make the surgeon see what he is doing! am I wrong? Even if a cannula can remove gland doesnt it make more scaring and bleeding inside the chest?

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
I have heard more than a couple of doctors say flat out say "yes, lipo can remove gland', and just as many say that it cannot. So who is the wrong one here? I dunno, maybe neither...I had lipo only with puffy nips (pretty big ones)and the result was great, for what it is worth. I find it hard to believe that a plastic surgeon would knowingly perform a technique that they knew was ineffective, but from reading the board here it would seem that it does happen. Good question you have asked Viking!

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Plastic surgeons that don't treat large numbers of gynecomastia will not uncommonly treat gyne with liposuction alone. They treat it like other areas on the body where there is a volume excess. The problem lies in the fact that the chest tissue is composed of a large amount of breast tissue and fibrous tissue, in addition to fat. If your tissue is primarily fatty, then liposuction alone may work well, however this is rare.  My practice is dedicated to gyne surgery and it is very rare that I will treat it with liposuction alone. This is because early in my career when I have done that, I have had to go back and remove the glandular tissue at a second operation.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024